Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fed up with the Adam Dunn BASHING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Mets fan here. i would trade FMart for Adam Dunn without giving it a second thought.

im fed up of Adam Dunn getting trashed. enough already, we all know he strikes out a lot and plays bad defense.

but the guy also goes yard, and walks more than most people.

**** it Omar, trade for the ******* white guy already!

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
now you know how many Cubs fans feel.....we passed on him for Milton Bradley. If Dunn was playing at Wrigley, he could have possibly had a 50 HR season. Heck, he might end up hitting more Homers this season than the Nationals have wins.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
gonzagacubs said:
now you know how many Cubs fans feel.....we passed on him for Milton Bradley. If Dunn was playing at Wrigley, he could have possibly had a 50 HR season. Heck, he might end up hitting more Homers this season than the Nationals have wins.

Dude, ive gotta be honest. i dont know what i'd do if i were a Cubs fan.
i am 38 years old, and i was 15 when the Mets won it all, greatest time
of my life as far as sports goes.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
gonzagacubs said:

Adam Everett can do that year in and year out! ::facepalm:: :lol:

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
ThoseBackPages said:
gonzagacubs said:

It's not really that bad. For me, it's the greatest feeling in the world. Sure there have been countless times over the 24 years of my existence where I have been dissapointed, but I take great pride in knowing that my allegiance to the Cubs has never wavered once.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
gonzagacubs said:
ThoseBackPages said:
gonzagacubs said:

It's not really that bad. For me, it's the greatest feeling in the world. Sure there have been countless times over the 24 years of my existence where I have been dissapointed, but I take great pride in knowing that my allegiance to the Cubs has never wavered once.

The most proud feeling a Cubs fan can have is the knowledge that he has yet to give up on his team! :lol:

The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
trevordchi said:
gonzagacubs said:
ThoseBackPages said:
gonzagacubs said:

The most proud feeling a Cubs fan can have is the knowledge that he has yet to give up on his team! :lol:

The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

We can't talk too much crap.We have never won a world series and if you think the cubs drought was bad...ours will most likely last longer.That scares me.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
predatorkj said:
trevordchi said:
gonzagacubs said:
ThoseBackPages said:
gonzagacubs said:

We can't talk too much crap.We have never won a world series and if you think the cubs drought was bad...ours will most likely last longer.That scares me.

If you doubled how long our team has existed, we'd still have a few more years to get a ring before we'd hit Cubs level. Have faith. McLane wants to win badly. He'll keep forking out the dough and soon we'll be The Little Yankees.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Adam Dunn will never get the proper amount of respect that he deserves. Why that baffles me is that he's deadly consistent at the plate from year to year and everybody thinks he's some kind of one year wonder with these .230-250 40 HR 100 RBI years and he has had like 6 in a row.

Right now he's hitting .257 with 19 HR and 53 RBI and a .396 OBP ....insert that into any lineup that is lacking offense right now and see how that works out. Put him in Fenway. Put him in Wrigley. You'd be looking at a 50 HR guy annually.

The even sadder part is that half the people that bash him would be talking about which team he would go into the hall of fame with if he hit .290 with a .360 OBP instead of .250 with a .390 OBP.

Those that aren't slaves to the batting average know what kind of impact Dunn has on a lineup. The fact that he has been pitched around on some God awful ball clubs and still hit 40 a year is a testament to his absolute beastly power. If you put Dunn in the middle of the Phillies order where Howard hits, he'd hit 50 a year too because he'd probably see more than 2 hittable pitches per game.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Vagrant said:
Adam Dunn will never get the proper amount of respect that he deserves. Why that baffles me is that he's deadly consistent at the plate from year to year and everybody thinks he's some kind of one year wonder with these .230-250 40 HR 100 RBI years and he has had like 6 in a row.

Right now he's hitting .257 with 19 HR and 53 RBI and a .396 OBP ....insert that into any lineup that is lacking offense right now and see how that works out. Put him in Fenway. Put him in Wrigley. You'd be looking at a 50 HR guy annually.

The even sadder part is that half the people that bash him would be talking about which team he would go into the hall of fame with if he hit .290 with a .360 OBP instead of .250 with a .390 OBP.

Those that aren't slaves to the batting average know what kind of impact Dunn has on a lineup. The fact that he has been pitched around on some God awful ball clubs and still hit 40 a year is a testament to his absolute beastly power. If you put Dunn in the middle of the Phillies order where Howard hits, he'd hit 50 a year too because he'd probably see more than 2 hittable pitches per game.

Ah, the same old stuff. I like Dunn a lot and wouldn't mind if he were on my team (though we don't have a DH and don't need him at the moment, which is why I say "wounldn't mind" instaed of "want"). That being said, you have to see the minor circularity in your argument. Nobody disputes the guy's power, but some of us do point to the fact that he's been on some god awful teams when we speak of his OBP. You're right that on a better offensive team in a better ballpark, the guys mashes scary amounts of HRs. But his walks go down and his Ks go up. He is an above-average offensive guy with mad power. He is a liability in the field and has ZERO star power. This is why I actually understand the reluctance to sign/trade for him, and why I still don't think he sniffs the HOF.

I must add that if I were a Mets fan, I'd +1 this post.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
All I can say is that he has better offensive numbers (even with his strikeouts) than
Ryan Howard
Lance Berkman
J.D. Drew
Nick Swisher
Andre Ethier
BJ Upton
Nate Mclouth
AND MANY OTHER STARS

dunnintl.jpg

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Anyone here read the ESPN article currently on their site: Swinging hard ... and missing oftenToday's players exceeding the 100-strikeout mark more than ever before http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=4290105

"...Chris Davis is in his first full major league season. He has great power; he has hit 30 homers in his first 147 games. But he has also struck out 190 times in those 147. This year, he is on a pace to strike out 250 times. Like Dunn and others, he'd better get used to it."

Interesting new insight.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Dunn played in Great American Small Park a bunch of season. Easiest park in baseball for lefty to jack. So please stop with all the he will hit 50 in other parks crap.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
The thing is with players like Dunn, is that although they are productive in there own right, it's hard to overlook the white elephant(s) in the room, being he can not play defence and he stikes out in massive quantities sporting horrid BA's.. So, reguardless of how productive he may be in one facit of the game, he will always be overshadowed by his immense short comings.

Now, if he were equally devistating in what he was doing right, like hitting 60+ HR's and 140+ RBI's a year, there would be more to compensate on the positive side of the scale, but a ~.250 guy who is hitting 40/100 a year just will not break the ice with more negatives than positives.

Just my 2.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
What I don't get is that there are a lot of people who believe McGwire is a HOFer. However, if Dunn keeps up his current pace, his numbers will be better than McGwire's in almost every category. Hits, Runs, 2Bs, 3Bs, Walks, and Total Bases. He would only be slightly short in HRs and RBI. Even though he would be short in those areas he would be over 500 HRs and 1300 RBI.

I don't care for speculating, I prefer to use numbers that players have achieved. I would bet money that even if Dunn eclipsed McGwire's numbers, people would still think McGwire was a HOFer an that Dunn was not because Dunn would have a lower BA.

Members online

Latest posts