Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 UD Icons - Worth a Rip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Hey all, the next Upper Deck Baseball release is around the corner. I was wondering if you guys think it will be worth a rip. I hear the football version was pretty decent. Here's the info sheet. Any comments, opinions are appreciated:

New! 2009 Upper Deck Icons Baseball

With an Insert, Parallel, Lettermen, Memorabilia Card or Autograph Card in each pack, the premier edition of Icons Baseball will provide consistent pack-to-pack and box-to-box value and entertainment at a $9.99 mid-level price point!

Configuration: 12 boxes/10 packs/6 cards

SRP: $9.99/pack

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS: (All content is based on an average across the entire print run)

· LOOK FOR TWO LETTERMAN CARDS PER BOX, ON AVERAGE! (ICONS FEATURE MLB ICONS SUCH AS CARLTON FISK, OZZIE SMITH, AND TONY GWYNN!)

· also look for Celebrity Lettermen and Immortal Lettermen Signatures - Signed Lettermen patch cards from the top active and retired stars in addition to all new Celebrity subjects!

· Look for two (2) Memorabilia cards, including one numbered to 149 or less per box, on average!

· Look for two (2) Lettermen Autograph cards numbered to 99 or less in each case, on average!

· Find one Signature card per box, on average!

· Find One (1) 20th Anniversary Memorabilia card per case, on average! (2oth Anniversary Memorabilia includes memorabilia from sport greats such as Michael Jordan, Lebron James, and Tiger Woods!

· Look for five (5) 20th Anniversary insert cards per box, on average!

· Collect the entire 160-card base set!

PRODUCT BREAKDOWN

Regular Cards and Rookies

o Base Set – 100 cards

o Rookie Cards- 30 cards #’d to 999

o Rookie Autographed Cards- 30 #’d up to 600

Inserts and Parallel Cards

o Icons numbered to 999

o Future Foundations numbered to 999

o Legendary Icons numbered to 999

o Rookie Cards numbered to 999

o Five (5) 20th Anniversary cards per box, on average!

Autograph Cards: (One per Box)

o Icons Autograph // numbered up to 99

o Future Foundations Autograph numbered up to 199

o Legendary Icons Autograph // numbered up to 50

o Rookie Card Autographs numbered up to 999

Memorabilia Cards: (Two per Box)

o Icons Jersey (Icon Blue and Gold Jersey parallels numbered to 199 or less!)

o Future Foundations Jersey (Future Foundations Blue and Gold Jersey parallels numbered to 199 or less!)

o Legendary Icons Jersey (Legendary Icons Blue and Gold Jersey parallels numbered to 199 or less!)

Memorabilia Cards: (Two per Box)

o Immortal Lettermen numbered up to 99 or less!

Memorabilia Autograph Cards: (two per Case)

o Immortal Lettermen Autographs numbered up to 99 or less!

Memorabilia Cards: (One per Case)

o 20th Anniversary Memorabilia of all of sports greatest athletes including players such as Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods!

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
A_Pharis said:
$10 a pack with only 1 auto and 2 GU per 12-pack box? No thank you.

That $9.99 is the SRP. Expect the major wax sellers to be selling this stuff around $80 a box or so off the bat....

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I am still waiting on a manufactured patch that I redeemed 9/22/08 (non autographed) of:
AFC OFFENSIVE ROY
2008 NFL ICONS FOOTBALL IMMORTAL LETTERMAN VARIED #ING CD # AROY

Its funny because there is no such thing as an AFC ROY. There is a Defensive ROY and an Offensive ROY.
The Offensive ROY came from the NFC this year, so apparently UD is creating their own award.
This experience has left me with the impression to never buy Icons again (I should have learned my lesson when I pulled a Billy Dee Williams non auto'd Letter)

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
goldenegg1 said:
I am still waiting on a manufactured patch that I redeemed 9/22/08 (non autographed) of:
AFC OFFENSIVE ROY
2008 NFL ICONS FOOTBALL IMMORTAL LETTERMAN VARIED #ING CD # AROY

Its funny because there is no such thing as an AFC ROY. There is a Defensive ROY and an Offensive ROY.
The Offensive ROY came from the NFC this year, so apparently UD is creating their own award.
This experience has left me with the impression to never buy Icons again (I should have learned my lesson when I pulled a Billy Dee Williams non auto'd Letter)

I believe the AFC-ROY is Chris Johnson, and the NFC-ROY is Matt Ryan..

I'm waiting for the following..

9/22/2008 PRESIDENTIAL LETTERMAN MCCAIN/ OBAMA 2008 NFL ICONS FOOTBALL PRESIDENTIAL LETTERMAN VARIED #ING CD # PL
9/22/2008 AFC OFFENSIVE ROY 2008 NFL ICONS FOOTBALL IMMORTAL LETTERMAN VARIED #ING CD # AROY
9/22/2008 AFC OFFENSIVE ROY 2008 NFL ICONS FOOTBALL IMMORTAL LETTERMAN VARIED #ING CD # AROY
9/22/2008 NFC OFFENSIVE ROY 2008 NFL ICONS FOOTBALL IMMORTAL LETTERMAN VARIED #ING CD # NROY
9/22/2008 BURT REYNOLDS 2008 NFL ICONS FOOTBALL IMMORTAL MOVIE LETTERMAN AUTO VARIED #ING CD #BR Athlete committed to signing soon, please be patient.
9/22/2008 BRETT FAVRE 2008 NFL ICONS FOOTBALL IMMORTAL LETTERMAN VARIED #ING CD # BF NON AUTO

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Oh good, more manufactured lettermen to clog up my patch searches. Because these will be completely different from all the lettermen already out there.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Remember when $9.99 SRP pack price was not a "mid-level" price point?

That's just gross.

Oh, and for your money, grab Americana instead.

Members online

Latest posts