Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How cool would've this been?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The Nationals completed a suspended extra inning game today and won. Joel Hanrahan got the win today.

How cool would it have been if the Pirates played today and Hanrahan got the win somehow in that game too. 2 wins, 2 teams, 1 day.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Hanrahan was traded to the Pirates a couple weeks ago. He got the win in the Nats/Stros suspended game today b/c he was the last pitcher of record for the Nats when they won.

If the Pirates had played today and somehow Hanrahan got the win in that game, he would've gotten 2 wins in one day with 2 different teams.

We all would've heard Jayson Stark's woody hit his desk from where we sit.

sheetskout said:

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
markakis8 said:
Hanrahan was traded to the Pirates a couple weeks ago. He got the win in the Nats/Stros suspended game today b/c he was the last pitcher of record for the Nats when they won.

If the Pirates had played today and somehow Hanrahan got the win in that game, he would've gotten 2 wins in one day with 2 different teams.

sheetskout said:

I just laughed so hard right now. Very funny.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm glad one person got it ;)

djrulz said:
markakis8 said:

sheetskout said:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
djrulz said:
markakis8 said:

sheetskout said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I spit my pop on the screen right now as I read that

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
I HAVE SOMETHING COOLER
What is the Pirates traded hanrahan to the Astros and he pitched the loss
He would be the Winning Pitcher and the Losing Pitcher.

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
crosby87 said:
I HAVE SOMETHING COOLER
He wouldn't be allowed to appear twice in a game.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
i think he meant take the loss in the suspended game and appear for the astros in the regular game.

bigalexx said:
crosby87 said:
I HAVE SOMETHING COOLER
He wouldn't be allowed to appear twice in a game.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I remember as a kid I had a card from '83 Fleer of this guy named Joel Youngblood who got a hit for two diffeernt teams in two different cities on the same day. He got a hit during a day game, got traded after the game was over, went to the next city and got another hit that night. I don't think that has ever happened again.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
cbrandtw said:
I remember as a kid I had a card from '83 Fleer of this guy named Joel Youngblood who got a hit for two diffeernt teams in two different cities on the same day. He got a hit during a day game, got traded after the game was over, went to the next city and got another hit that night. I don't think that has ever happened again.

One was with Expos. Not sure about other team (maybe Mets or Pitt?)

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
462650_1_500x500.jpg

I miss the days of Super Special Stars.

Members online

Latest posts