Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees have scored 4 runs in 18 straight games

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
The Yankees' current 18 game streak of scoring 4 or more runs in a game is tied for the 5th longest streak since 1954: http://www.baseball-reference.com/play- ... areit/akbx

The longest streak belongs to the 1994 Cleveland Indians, who scored 4 or more runs in 23 straight games (going 17-6). The Red Sox had a 21 game streak in 1977 (13-8), the Royals had a 20 game streak (15-5) in 1985 (when they won the World Series), and the Yankees had a 19 game streak in 1994 (15-4).

It looks like they will be facing Verlander in their first series after the break, so they have their work cut out for them if they want to continue the streak. The series is at Yankee Stadium, so that should help them keep the streak going.

David

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
pretty interesting stat. they are 13-5 over that time.

The Yankees have the best offense in baseball. The offense scored enough runs vs. LAA this wknd...the pitching killed them. but 13-5 over 18 games i'll sign up for that right now.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
lol to all of it. There the yankees, they will find a way to lose any important game they ever play til the end of time.
3 straight to the angels, 0-8 against the sox, just give up already. I bet they have halladay by monday, and they will still lose.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
boomo said:
lol to all of it. There the yankees, they will find a way to lose any important game they ever play til the end of time.
3 straight to the angels, 0-8 against the sox, just give up already. I bet they have halladay by monday, and they will still lose.

Lets not get too giddy here folks......

14 more on the west coast (Red Sox have zero)

10 games with Tampa Bay

11 games with Red Sox

4 games with Angels

Good luck with that :lol:

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
boomo said:

how did i know mr negative d***e would post something bad against the yankees

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
KOBEARODLT said:
boomo said:

what do you expect from the Red Sox? They can't score 4+ runs in 18 straight even though they play in that joke of a park. They want to get on the Yankees for their stadium...Fenway is 10x more a hitter friendly park of YS.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
jdacunha said:
KOBEARODLT said:
boomo said:

what do you expect from the Red Sox? They can't score 4+ runs in 18 straight even though they play in that joke of a park. They want to get on the Yankees for their stadium...Fenway is 10x more a hitter friendly park of YS.

What are you talking about, do you have any idea? Please support your claims.
And you do know that boomo isn't a Red Sox fan right?

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
rebelpawn said:
jdacunha said:
KOBEARODLT said:
boomo said:

haha right, hes never said one good thing about the yankees yet he claims to be a yankees fan..

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jdacunha said:
KOBEARODLT said:
boomo said:

Ummm......not to get into a pissing match.....but you realize that the Yankees played in this same park 6 times this year and in 3 of those games, spanning 27 innings, scored 4 runs?

rookieautos

Jul 9, 2009
boomo said:
Add 26 world championships to that.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
KOBEARODLT said:
rebelpawn said:
jdacunha said:
KOBEARODLT said:
boomo said:

haha right, hes never said one good thing about the yankees yet he claims to be a yankees fan..

I'm not denying that he sounds very much like a Red Sox fan pre-2004 but go ahead, ask him if he's a Sox fan....

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
The original poster came on here to state a simple factual stat. Red Sox fans and Yankee haters come on here to bash the team for no good reason.

You all can come out of the Yankees shadows...stop hating on the Yankees.

They are 0-3 versus the Sox since the Yankees started rolling. that was at fenway and 1 of the 3 games **** pitched...2 of the losses were by 1 run.

Come to YS in august and try to sweep them....it won't happen

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
boomo said:
lol to all of it. There the yankees, they will find a way to lose any important game they ever play til the end of time. 3 straight to the angels, 0-8 against the sox, just give up already. I bet they have halladay by monday, and they will still lose.

86 years of blowing important games every year versus a few years now....gee? which one would I take?

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
jdacunha said:
The original poster came on here to state a simple factual stat. Red Sox fans and Yankee haters come on here to bash the team for no good reason.

They are 0-3 versus the Sox since the Yankees started rolling. that was at fenway and 1 of the 3 games **** pitched...2 of the losses were by 1 run.

You still didn't provide any backup for your ridiculous claim about Fenway versus Yankess Stadium... I'll wait for it.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
rebelpawn said:
jdacunha said:

You still didn't provide any backup for your ridiculous claim about Fenway versus Yankess Stadium... I'll wait for it.

He is too busy trying to count how many HRs have left the new ballpark this year....it may take awhile for a response.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
jdacunha said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats pretty funny cause you were the first one to post any type of negative comment whatsoever and it was about the Red Sox. I dont know why you have such an agenda against the Red Sox but its weak.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
rebelpawn said:
jdacunha said:

at work right now...i will get it tonight

Latest posts