Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sacrifices for a PC Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Theres a PC card on ebay that I'm considering getting. In order to do so, I'd have to give up almost everything, besides my truly irreplaceable cards. It would cost a lot. I don't have a job, however, everything I'd sell is 100% replaceable. My question to all of you is would you sell almost all of your stuff for a true PC, sick card, or would you rather wait until you have money saved up and hope another one pops up.

Not sure what to do, and dont have all that much time.

I know darocker would make sacrifices for his Lincy gold, so I'm thinking of doing the same....

Zach

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Nikobaseball said:
Theres a PC card on ebay that I'm considering getting. In order to do so, I'd have to give up almost everything, besides my truly irreplaceable cards. It would cost a lot. I don't have a job, however, everything I'd sell is 100% irreplaceable. My question to all of you is would you sell almost all of your stuff for a true PC, sick card, or would you rather wait until you have money saved up and hope another one pops up.

Not sure what to do, and dont have all that much time.

I know darocker would make sacrifices for his Lincy gold, so I'm thinking of doing the same....

Zach

what card is it and the bolded is contradicting

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
There are a few cards, that if they surfaced on ebay, I would politely ask the seller if his kidneys were healthy. Depending on his answer I would either offer him one of mine on the spot, or agree to give him one later.

I'd rather have a few certain cards numbered out of one, than two kidneys numbered out of 2 :lol:

Now a serious answer - It's nicer, imo, to have a few nice rare/unique cards than just one. BUT if you can replace the stuff you'd sell down the road, then I would go for it.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
I recently traded some Griffey cards in order to pick up some Griffey cards that I really wanted. So, if you really want that card, go for it!

brumbach

I've blowed up my collection several times over the past 5 years in pursuit of bigger and badder pieces to add to my PC and will probably continue to do so in the future. I stink at saving money and hawking off stuff for the next big kill it pretty much how I operate these days. I say go for it, you can either replace the replacable stuff or you'll forget that you ever owned it.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
If the cards are replaceable, I would definitely move them to get the card in question especially if that card were really rare or unique.

Sometimes its good to trade away the stuff you don't really need once in a while anyway because it helps give your collection focus.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
If that Jackie Robinson Topps Sterling Bat Barrel pops again, I'd sell everything to get it. So sacrifice for a PC card that shows up once in 10 years, you have to do it.

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
95vr4 said:
If that Jackie Robinson Topps Sterling Bat Barrel pops again, I'd sell everything to get it. So sacrifice for a PC card that shows up once in 10 years, you have to do it.
Though not for the same card, I agree with this statement. I'd sell anything/everything that I can replace to get something I may never see again.

in 2006 i sold my david wright x fractor 02 chrome, ryan howard 03 bowans best, both bgs' 9's along with 2k in cash for a PC card that this guy had that i wanted. I got the card. 3 years later the card still has not surfaced again. So when a important PC card pops up, and if you want it bad enough, and for you the cards you have to sell are replaceable, then do it. Cause you never know when you will see it again.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Yup, mail day coming soon!

I just bought a hanley ref auto, but i need to replace my lincecum ref auto (first priority) and eventually my bumgarner gold, alderson gold, alderson blue X2, bumgarner blue, posey 9.5 :()

So go for it, nothing is more awesome than reeling in that major card (a corner piece in your collection!)

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
IMO, it always seems better to sell 10 $100 cards to get a single 1K card, then buy the $100's back later and gradually. When it comes to saving and actually hitting the purchase button for a 1K card, that's tough, considering IF you can hold out or save for that long . . .

Since it's for your PC, if it's a 1/1 or unique item, I'd sell anything and everything to obtain it as a cornerstone for your PC. If it's just something like a Pujols rookie or a certain year Mantle, those will always be around. Don't really mean specifics, but rather trying to compare a unique item to a more plentiful item.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts