Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who Is Your Top Nats Prospect?

Top Nats Prospect?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Obviously once Strasburg signs he'll take over the top spot, but until then, who would you vote for? If "other", please explain. (Zimmermann and Detwiler are now ineligible.)

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
At first, I thought Derek Norris, due to his offensive domination at a premium position. His defense is improving, but it's still too raw to grade high.

But now, I fully back Destin Hood as #1. His ceiling is the highest in the entire system, among position players.

Marrero has been good, not great, since his return from injury, and he is seemingly locked @ 1B. He will have to really flash some real power later on in his development to be considered for highest ceiling, IMO.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Norris left the game last night due to an injured lower leg/ankle. the team was not specific when i asked them.
He hit his 23rd bomb of the year during his first at bat, and then was plunked (intentional? who knows) in the
injured area during his second at bat. he left the field hobbling in pain, and is "day-to-day" as far as i could find out.

The one thing to keep in mind is that the nats as a franchise are very tightlipped when it comes to finding out about
injuries. Earlier this season Souza got hurt, and i was not able to get anything out of them about it.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wow. Looking at the poll, it doesn't get much closer than this so far. Very interesting.

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008
I'm surprised that Burgess is in the lead... over Norris?! I mean he's batting a .233 and K's over 28% of the time... Sure 16 HRs is nice, but it's not out of this world or anything. And his power production has really slowed down recently. Fewer HR in July than June, half of the doubles, and no triples in July compared to 2 in June. The only case that someone could make is that his K-BB ratio is improving. 12:28 (June) vs 12:21 (July)... BA down from .286 to .202 though.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Danny Espinosa should be up there, dude was the only Nationals representative at the Futures game, and has been showing both power and speed from a premium position (SS) all year.

With that said, this is how I see it breaking down:

1.) Derek Norris (too much production to argue with)
2.) Chris Marrero (resurgence)
3.) Destin Hood (super high ceiling, still fairly raw)
4.) Danny Espinosa
5.) Burgess

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
Invest4thefuture said:
I'm surprised that Burgess is in the lead... over Norris?! I mean he's batting a .233 and K's over 28% of the time... Sure 16 HRs is nice, but it's not out of this world or anything. And his power production has really slowed down recently. Fewer HR in July than June, half of the doubles, and no triples in July compared to 2 in June. The only case that someone could make is that his K-BB ratio is improving. 12:28 (June) vs 12:21 (July)... BA down from .286 to .202 though.

Defense is also part of the game. Burgess has good range with a cannon of an arm.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
NECpilgrims8 said:
brouthercard said:
Dude, Nec-pilgrams- you sig is freezing my computer for some reason- anybody else have this problem?

No issues here, and it's only a GIF.

Maybe there is something wrong with your comp? It really shouldn't freeze it.

That gif always strikes me as funny, because of the huge Burger King logo in the middle of the...ring? Octagon? Anyway, sweaty, nearly naked men beating up on each other and cuddling isn't what I'd want my fast food restaurant associated with(atleast not that prominantly), especially when the primary product is meat. :lol:

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
brouthercard said:
Dude, Nec-pilgrams- you sig is freezing my computer for some reason- anybody else have this problem?

nothing wrong with his computer because it does it to mine to, its not like a complete freeze or anything but when im scrolling down it stops a bit.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
KOBEARODLT said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
brouthercard said:

nothing wrong with his computer because it does it to mine to, its not like a complete freeze or anything but when im scrolling down it stops a bit.

Yah, it doesn't freeze, per se, but when I scroll past your box, the screen just stops cause it seems like it's trying to load the info, but can't do it completely for some reason. Really strange. There's otherwise nothing wrong with my computer.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
brouthercard said:
KOBEARODLT said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
brouthercard said:

Yah, it doesn't freeze, per se, but when I scroll past your box, the screen just stops cause it seems like it's trying to load the info, but can't do it completely for some reason. Really strange. There's otherwise nothing wrong with my computer.

Very weird. Is this a new problem today? I have had it there for weeks.

Want me to remove it?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Actually, it was happening with your previous sig as well, where the girl in your sig is flirting with the camera.

You can remove it if you want me (and potentially others) to read your posts and responses, but it is a good way to prevent me from reading any of your comments if you feel the need to "block" me :D !

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
brouthercard said:
Actually, it was happening with your previous sig as well, where the girl in your sig is flirting with the camera.

You can remove it if you want me (and potentially others) to read your posts and responses, but it is a good way to prevent me from reading any of your comments if you feel the need to "block" me :D !

LOL, I removed it. That GIF is quite possibly my favorite submission ever in UFC history.

But, don't EVER call Gina "the girl" in my sig. She has a name! hahaha

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
NECpilgrims8 said:
brouthercard said:

LOL, I removed it. That GIF is quite possibly my favorite submission ever in UFC history.

But, don't EVER call Gina "the girl" in my sig. She has a name! hahaha

Thanks! Now I can actually appreciate the full picture of Gina without getting irritated :twisted: :twisted:

And by the way, Marrero WILL develop more power with his development- he's going to have to in order to become the next Pujols ;)

Members online

Latest posts