Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What to do in Chicago?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
I have all day tomorrow until the White Sox Vs. Yankees game.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
There's a great Mexican place near the park called Pancho Pistolas (31st & Union). Great food, great drinks & not far from the park.

Also, I'm not sure where you're staying or how you're getting to the park, but The Cell is a fairly short distance from The Loop as well. You could hit all of the tourist stuff in the area, i.e. Navy Pier, etc. and still not be far from the game.

Either way, enjoy the game. I'm not a Sox fan but I grew up in the area and am going to try and go on Sunday for Sabathia Vs Buehrle. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Ditka's or harry carays for lunch...

Shopping in michigan ave

Could always go check out wrigley and the wrigleyville bars.

Skrip
Went to Wrigley Field today, actually. It was one of the coolest stadiums I have been to.

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
My daughter thinks the American Girl store is one of the greatest places on the planet so you should go there :lol:

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
walter55 said:
My daughter thinks the American Girl store is one of the greatest places on the planet so you should go there :lol:
Thanks guys for all the replies, but this is what I'll do.
Just kidding, but I'm still undecided.

53Brooklyn

May 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
There is always something to do in the city. Enjoy your time. I would suggest eating at Hugo's Frog Bar on Rush St. That entire neighborhood is very nice to walk around at any time of the day.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
walter55 said:

I think the American Girl store is the second most requested place to go for tourists. I can't remember who was polled, but I think it was taxi drivers.

I would suggest one of the museums or the aquarium (my favorite). The Lincoln Park Zoo is also free.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Do yourself a favor and order a deep dish pizza from Gino's East.

Other than that, I think walking around is fun just going in different stores and looking around...even if you have no intention of buying anything. There is a lot of cool stuff in Chicago.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Other than that, I think walking around is fun just going in different stores and looking around...even if you have no intention of buying anything. There is a lot of cool stuff in Chicago.
Wouldn't that be the same thing as walking around New York City? I can do that any time; I live an hour outside of Manhattan, lol.

Is the Sears (Willis) Tower worth checking out?

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
trademhigh said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Wouldn't that be the same thing as walking around New York City? I can do that any time; I live an hour outside of Manhattan, lol.

Josh,

You must have been really selling the cards to make the trip to Chicago.... or did the parents and you go on a family vacation?

Hope your having a blast! Drive 5 hrs and come visit me ;)

Shep :ugeek:

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
A few of my Chicago must-do's :

Go up to the Skydeck on the Sears Tower (or whatever it's called now).

Visit the Billy Goat Tavern (the original right under Michigan Avenue) for a cheezborger (no fries - chips!).

Go to the Aquarium.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
trademhigh said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Didn't know.

Sears Tower is really cool and I'd recommend going up to the observation floor, but again, you can do the same thing at the Empire State building in NY.

If you're looking for something a bit different, I'd probably go to Navy Pier like someone else has said. It's pretty cool. You could also go to the field museum or the science & industry museum or the Shedd Aquarium. All are pretty fun and will keep you busy basically all day.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
trademhigh said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":1k67cbhs]Do yourself a favor and order a deep dish pizza from Gino's East.

Didn't know.

Sears Tower is really cool and I'd recommend going up to the observation floor, but again, you can do the same thing at the Empire State building in NY.

If you're looking for something a bit different, I'd probably go to Navy Pier like someone else has said. It's pretty cool. You could also go to the field museum or the science & industry museum or the Shedd Aquarium. All are pretty fun and will keep you busy basically all day.[/quote:1k67cbhs]
Of course you couldn't have known. It was more of a question; I have no idea if it would be the same. It definitely seems like it would, but this is my first time in Chicago.
Sears is a lot taller than the Empire State Building, though. Doesn't the Sears Tower have glass floors on the Observatory Deck? That would be sick, even though I am afraid of heights.
Thanks for the info on Chicago! It seems like a really cool city.

Members online

Latest posts