Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do Plates Have much value? Just pulled a Ripken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
In the shop picking up supplies to be ready to sleeve/holder the Donruss Best Gold Set breakup when I return from NYC and picked up a few packs as usual [$25 to be exact]. No particular product, but in the pack of 2007 UD Series 1 I pulled:

CR40
BLACK PLATE
Cal Ripken/ Jr.

ONE of ONE :D :D :D

The question is how well do plates of HOFer's/Star players sell?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
In the shop picking up supplies to be ready to sleeve/holder the Donruss Best Gold Set breakup when I return from NYC and picked up a few packs as usual [$25 to be exact]. No particular product, but in the pack of 2007 UD Series 1 I pulled:

CR40
BLACK PLATE
Cal Ripken/ Jr.

ONE of ONE :D :D :D

The question is how well do plates of HOFer's/Star players sell?

I think only if it's auto'd. :( Nice to see you Bro!

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
AUto's demand more of course.
But real player collectors collect EVERYTHING.
So I'm interested!! :D :D :D

Let me know if it's available.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Russ S. said:
AUto's demand more of course.

If it were auto'd that would have been so cool, but anytime a one of one is pulled I will not complain and it is available. I need to do some background on ripkin stuff to figure a price. Any help would be appreciated.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
[quote="Russ S.":2bkoarkg]AUto's demand more of course.

If it were auto'd that would have been so cool, but anytime a one of one is pulled I will not complain and it is available. I need to do some background on ripkin stuff to figure a price. Any help would be appreciated.[/quote:2bkoarkg]
Depending on the set, and card ect.
I've seen base plates sell as low at $15, and as high as $75. It's just the luck of the draw.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, your best bet will be to throw it on the bay and let the player collectors fight it out. I can almost gaurentee you'll get more that way than trying to figure a decent price and selling it here.

Oct 16, 2008
MN
They generally don't get much, but there is the occasional surprise. I one put a Shareef Abdur-Rahim Plate on Ebay and got $50.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Get it auto'ed.

BTW - It should still sell well, as it is a rare card and Ripken has a pretty big collectors base..

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
As a Ripken collector I would be interested also, but please give Russ first crack at it......By the way....NICE PULL :) :) :)

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
which shop in NYC did you pull it from?
Nope back in Texas from another business trip. Leave for NYC on Monday morning and return on Friday. That is the one reason I have not listed anything because I usually do 3 day auctions. 7 DAYS is just TOO long and I like to get packages out either the same day or next day when auction is paid.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
One from 05 Champions went for 59.89 dlvd [ebay:dvezwtch]140335272308[/ebay:dvezwtch]
One from 07 UD is in an eBay store for 82.74 dlvd [ebay:dvezwtch]390065129324[/ebay:dvezwtch]

So I would guess somewhere in that range.

Members online

Latest posts