Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone buy a prospect and as soon as you do...they get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
injured...

I saw this guy Jesus Montero and ended up buying a bunch of stuff....as soon as I buy a couple of his cards he gets injured!

I merely though about buying a few Jason Heyward cards and that same night he almost gets injured!

Keep your stashes away from the NOASKIE!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I have been on the exact opposite wave length as you....

As soon as I start to buy someone, they get hot, and I can't get what I want and the previous prices.

Perfect example, Bud Norris. I just start buying him, (3) Chrome autos for $24, (3) ref autos for $30m, 5 elite autos, and then BAM, 7 IP, 2 hits, and his cards start to jump...

I guess I am just too dams slow

Good luck Noaskie........and STAY AWAY FROM MY PROSPECTS :lol: :lol: :lol:

skrip

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
ballerskrip said:

As soon as I start to buy someone, they get hot, and I can't get what I want and the previous prices.

Perfect example, Bud Norris. I just start buying him, (3) Chrome autos for $24, (3) ref autos for $30m, 5 elite autos, and then BAM, 7 IP, 2 hits, and his cards start to jump...

skrip

Bud Norris...eh? Sounds like a good buy ;)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
noaskiecards said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip

Bud Norris...eh? Sounds like a good buy ;)
He is a pitcher and he can end his career on one pitch. Ask Eric (Thosebackpages) he does not invest in pitchers
and for that reason, I think he has done well on the prospect front. Nothing earth shattering, but he does not own pitchers.
Note Eric you have alot of Jay Bruce so how is that working out for you LOL :D

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Yup, spent around $200 on Dellin Betances earlier this year then bam, he's done. The I picked up a few Matt Sweeney cards, then bam, he's done.
Then I picked up an Angel Villalona Blue Refractor, and he gets hurt. Then I drop $140 on Montero in the past week, plus a pretty good sized trade with a board member ($270 SV), and bam, he's out for the season. To top it off, the guys I have who aren't hurt sell for a fraction of ebay value. I think I just suck at flipping cards.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
bballcardkid said:
Yup, spent around $200 on Dellin Betances earlier this year then bam, he's done. The I picked up a few Matt Sweeney cards, then bam, he's done.
Then I picked up an Angel Villalona Blue Refractor, and he gets hurt. Then I drop $140 on Montero in the past week, plus a pretty good sized trade with a board member ($270 SV), and bam, he's out for the season. To top it off, the guys I have who aren't hurt sell for a fraction of ebay value. I think I just suck at flipping cards.
Flip coins it is easier

Members online

Latest posts