Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jason Bay is NOT headed to the DL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Ugh. Can this come at a worse time? Josh Reddick is headed back to Boston, apparently to take his place. The Sox are slipping right now, thankfully Texas is on a skid right now.

On a seperate note, Im glad the Sox didnt fold and offer him the $17 mill + per year he apparently thinks hes worth.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Re: Looks like Jason Bay is headed to the DL

MallCopKJ said:
Ugh. Can this come at a worse time? Josh Reddick is headed back to Boston, apparently to take his place. The Sox are slipping right now, thankfully Texas is on a skid right now.

On a seperate note, Im glad the Sox didnt fold and offer him the $17 mill + per year he apparently thinks hes worth.

I don't think Texas is the team you need to be worrying about. :D

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Re: Looks like Jason Bay is headed to the DL

cowboysrule48 said:
MallCopKJ said:

I don't think Texas is the team you need to be worrying about. :D
Especially considering Price and Kazmir seem to have snapped out of their first half slumps ::facepalm::
Theo's obsession with JD Drew will eventually bite the Sox in the arse, and it looks like it's happening now. Adam Dunn and Bobby Abreu were both available for cheap money in the offseason, but the Sox are handcuffed by Drew's $14M/year contract and his .230 batting average. Abreu and Dunn are both infinitely more productive, and can actually stay on the field from time to time.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Re: Jason Bay is headed to the DL

Sure, right after I get him and Happ in a trade, he hits the DL and Happ will hit the bullpen. Should have seen this coming.

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008

Texas IS the team you guys have to worry about. Their offense, especially Kinsler, is just slumping right now. That's all there is to it.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles

bungle77 said:
Sure, right after I get him and Happ in a trade, he hits the DL and Happ will hit the bullpen. Should have seen this coming.

"Happ's not going anywhere. He's not going out of the rotation," Amaro said. "He deserves to stay in the rotation. He has pitched very well. He's one of our most effective starters."

If Reddick continues to hit (I think he will) while Bay is on the DL...$25/Chrome is a steal right now.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL

NerfXerks said:
Texas IS the team you guys have to worry about. Their offense, especially Kinsler, is just slumping right now. That's all there is to it.

Sorry, but the Rays are twice the team the Rangers are.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

Our whole season is also going on the DL ::facepalm::

who the heck is going to drive in runs?

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008

cowboysrule48 said:
NerfXerks said:

You guys have too many guys way above their heads. Bartlett is hitting way above his standards. Your bullpen is full of overachievers.

That being said, Ben Zobrist is doing pretty well for himself. And his wife is smokin'.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL

NerfXerks said:
cowboysrule48 said:
NerfXerks said:

You guys have too many guys way above their heads. Bartlett is hitting way above his standards. Your bullpen is full of overachievers.

That being said, Ben Zobrist is doing pretty well for himself. And his wife is smokin'.

So the bullpen was overachieving all last year also? It's basically the same exact 'pen. Bartlett has been hitting like this since last year's All-Star break. You say the Rangers' offense is slumping, but so have Evan and Carlos. Not to mention Kazmir and Price are finally getting things going. The Rays have a better offense, better starting pitching, and a better bullpen.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts

cowboysrule48 said:
NerfXerks said:
cowboysrule48 said:
NerfXerks said:

So the bullpen was overachieving all last year also? It's basically the same exact 'pen.

Just as long as you don't need to rely of Jeff Bennett. I think he's faced 4 Sox batters this year and hasn't gotten any of them out.
But, to your overall point, I could more easily see the Rays sneak by the Sox than the Rangers. And unless the Sox right the ship (and quickly), that could happen by the middle of next week.

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008

cowboysrule48 said:
NerfXerks said:
cowboysrule48 said:
NerfXerks said:

So the bullpen was overachieving all last year also? It's basically the same exact 'pen. Bartlett has been hitting like this since last year's All-Star break. You say the Rangers' offense is slumping, but so have Evan and Carlos. Not to mention Kazmir and Price are finally getting things going. The Rays have a better offense, better starting pitching, and a better bullpen.

I was about to say that Bartlett's BABIP was high... but he's hitting line drives at a monster rate. And as to the bullpen, well, yeah. I guess I'm just being a homer for the Rangers. And by the way, what happened to BJ Upton?

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008

NerfXerks said:
cowboysrule48 said:
NerfXerks said:
cowboysrule48 said:
NerfXerks said:

I was about to say that Bartlett's BABIP was high... but he's hitting line drives at a monster rate. And as to the bullpen, well, yeah. I guess I'm just being a homer for the Rangers. And by the way, what happened to BJ Upton?
Defense and pitching wins championships, which is why the Rays are the pick over the Rangers. Offense can only carry you so far. The Rays are having a solid year with Upton, Pena, Longoria, Navarro and Burrell hitting way below their standards for average. They are as dangerous as anyone if they put it together.

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008

KandKCards said:
Defense and pitching wins championships, which is why the Rays are the pick over the Rangers. Offense can only carry you so far. The Rays are having a solid year with Upton, Pena, Longoria, Navarro and Burrell hitting way below their standards for average. They are as dangerous as anyone if they put it together.

Actually, the Rangers are more a pitching/defense oriented team now. Elvis Andrus is a GG caliber shortstop, and all around the infield is fantastic. Saltalamacchia is also a terrific defensive player. The Ranger's ERA+ is actually higher than their OPS+. And as for that last sentence... can't any team be ridiculous if it all comes together?

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008

Just remember, for every Ray overachieving (Bartlett and Zobrist) over their career lines, there are others underachieving on an equal level (Upton and Burrell). Bartlett and Zobrist have improved significantly though so I don't really think their seasons are a fluke. Players get better as they enter their prime (26-31).

The Rays bullpen is not overachieving at all, they just have a good pen. JP Howell is one of the best relievers in the game.

Texas lacks the quality pitching that the other contenders have and that will cost them down the stretch.

The Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays are the 3 best teams in baseball. It sucks that one of them won't make the playoffs.

The one thing that is going to hurt the Red Sox is if they keep sending John Smoltz out there every 5th day. Just stick him in the bullpen already!

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008

andyduke86 said:
Just remember, for every Ray overachieving (Bartlett and Zobrist) over their career lines, there are others underachieving on an equal level (Upton and Burrell).

The Rays bullpen is not overachieving at all, they just have a good pen.

Texas lacks the quality pitching that the other contenders have and that will cost them down the stretch.

The Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays are the 3 best teams in baseball. It sucks that one of them won't make the playoffs.

Someone's an AL East fan, because it's not like the Dodgers, Phillies, and Angels have a serious claim to being one of the three best, if not the best team in baseball. And you obviously haven't been paying attention to the Ranger's vastly improved pitching staff, as Millwood and Feldman and Tommy Hunter are all looking terrific. Not to mention our bullpen is almost as good as yours, and it's only going to get better with the addition of Feliz.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008

andyduke86 said:
Just remember, for every Ray overachieving (Bartlett and Zobrist) over their career lines, there are others underachieving on an equal level (Upton and Burrell). Bartlett and Zobrist have improved significantly though so I don't really think their seasons are a fluke. Players get better as they enter their prime (26-31).

The Rays bullpen is not overachieving at all, they just have a good pen. JP Howell is one of the best relievers in the game.

I disagree. The Phillies are better than the Sox and the Rays in my opinion.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts

Why does EVERY Red Sox thread have to turn into a Rays vs. Rangers vs. Phillies thread?
:lol:

Members online

Latest posts