Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jason Bay is NOT headed to the DL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Re: Jason Bay is headed to the DL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course if the Yankees win 3/4 or sweep the Red Sox will use not having Bay as an excuse. Even though the Yankees didn't have A-Rod for 5 games versus the Sox in April.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008

jdacunha said:

Of course if the Yankees win 3/4 or sweep the Red Sox will use not having Bay as an excuse. Even though the Yankees didn't have A-Rod for 5 games versus the Sox in April.

Huh? Reddick has actually been an improvement over Bay since hes been up with the way Bay had been playing.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD

Thank god. Bay only slaughtered the Yankees in the previous 8 games this season. A new Yankee killer.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts

jdacunha said:

For the record, check the Morning Thread, where I already predicted the Yankees would take 3 of 4, and I didn't know about Bay.
Thanks for the consistency, though. We can always count on you to bring in the Yankee love.

And, just so I'm clear, did you just use "no A-Rod" as an excuse in your post, even though you're preemptively denouncing the Sox (or is it Sox fans?) for doing the same thing?

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Re: Looks like Jason Bay is headed to the DL

KandKCards said:
cowboysrule48 said:
MallCopKJ said:
Ugh. Can this come at a worse time? Josh Reddick is headed back to Boston, apparently to take his place. The Sox are slipping right now, thankfully Texas is on a skid right now.

On a seperate note, Im glad the Sox didnt fold and offer him the $17 mill + per year he apparently thinks hes worth.

I don't think Texas is the team you need to be worrying about. :D
Especially considering Price and Kazmir seem to have snapped out of their first half slumps ::facepalm::
Theo's obsession with JD Drew will eventually bite the Sox in the arse, and it looks like it's happening now. Adam Dunn and Bobby Abreu were both available for cheap money in the offseason, but the Sox are handcuffed by Drew's $14M/year contract and his .230 batting average. Abreu and Dunn are both infinitely more productive, and can actually stay on the field from time to time.

I took a lot of heat for bashing the Red Sox signing of Drew. There is simply no way he was ever worth what the Dodgers were paying him and definately no questioning that he was not worth what the Red Sox signed him for. I'm glad he opted out of his Dodgers contract though. Unfortunately some of the Dodger signings afterwards were even worse... pause while I hang my head in shame...

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008

boxbreaker44 said:
Not a big fact checker are ya mallcop ;)

How? Bays average has dropped about 65 points in the past month-month and a half. Reddick brought a quick burst of energy to this team when he came up even if only for a few games.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL

MallCopKJ said:
boxbreaker44 said:

How? Bays average has dropped about 65 points in the past month-month and a half. Reddick brought a quick burst of energy to this team when he came up even if only for a few games.

I think that was directed to you as a point that Bay is NOT headed to the DL yet, and that it was actually Baldelli placed on the DL.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008

baseballguy350 said:
MallCopKJ said:
boxbreaker44 said:

I think that was directed to you as a point that Bay is NOT headed to the DL yet, and that it was actually Baldelli placed on the DL.

Dude, you need to RELAX.

Members online

Latest posts