Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees aquire Chad Gaudin from Padres

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Tyler Kepner of the New York Times is reporting on Twitter that the Yankees have acquired RHP Chad Gaudin from the Padres for a player to be named later.

Anyway, what is there not to get? The Yankees need a 5th starter. If they got a 26 year old for the end of the rotation who strikes out 1/IP and only allows 1 H/IP I am all for it. Anything is better than Sergio Mitre.

Chad Gaudin: 105 IP 105 H 105 K's (Weird isn't it?) 5.13 ERA

Sergio Mitre: 18 IP 32 H 9 K's 7.50 ERA

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
numba1yankeefan said:
imac220 said:
Bullpen? Send down Mitre?

they may send him down...he will be starting though they dont need him in the bullpen

Yeah.

I didn't even know this, but I am watching the Game, and Jerry Hairston Jr. Pinch ran...when did they get him...you know?

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Y4NK335 said:
Tyler Kepner of the New York Times is reporting on Twitter that the Yankees have acquired RHP Chad Gaudin from the Padres for a player to be named later.

Anyway, what is there not to get? The Yankees need a 5th starter. If they got a 26 year old for the end of the rotation who strikes out 1/IP and only allows 1 H/IP I am all for it. Anything is better than Sergio Mitre.

Chad Gaudin: 105 IP 105 H 105 K's (Weird isn't it?) 5.13 ERA

Sergio Mitre: 18 IP 32 H 9 K's 7.50 ERA

thats true. when I first heard this all I heard was that he has 10 losses and an era over 5

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
numba1yankeefan said:
imac220 said:
numba1yankeefan said:
imac220 said:

they may send him down...he will be starting though they dont need him in the bullpen

Yeah.

I didn't even know this, but I am watching the Game, and Jerry Hairston Jr. Pinch ran...when did they get him...you know?

right before the trading line

I dont know how I missed that lol

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
numba1yankeefan said:
thats true. when I first heard this all I heard was that he has 10 losses and an era over 5

10 losses means nothing when you are playing for the Padres.

I know a ton of people will come in here and say terrible pickup but as long as it was not for any higher tier prospect a nice move to grab someone to eat up innings.

Very inconsistent, but has been brilliant at some points throughout the season (20 K's in 15 IP with a 1.2 ERA during end of June, player of the week, etc).

Maintaining a strikeout per inning for over 100 innings has to mean something. Maybe I am just being too optimistic, but happy about this pickup (moreover, happy about the fact I will not have to see the scum Sergio Mitre pitch again ;) )

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
imac220 said:
numba1yankeefan said:
imac220 said:

Yeah.

I said the samething the other day when they were in CHI-Town :lol: :lol:

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Ha ha, he's going to get killed in the AL East. The Padres need pitching, what does it tell you that they traded him? A ton of his K's come from striking out pitchers. Enjoy him!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts