Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Chris Young last in the majors? (D-Backs) DEMOTED.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I followed him all through the minors and made some pretty good money on him when he exploded on the scene with 32HR's in '07. He's never really hit for average ,but this year he's not showing much power and is batting a cool .197 in 309AB's. He's signed for 4 years 14.5 million. Is time for D-Backs to explore other options or maybe send him down? He was 0-4 with 3K's tonight. He just looks lost at the plate.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Re: Will Chris Young last in the majors? (D-Backs)

I went to the Mets/D-Backs game Monday at Citi wearing my authentic Young jersey. One of my less successful jersey purchases, right up there with Rich Hill. :lol:

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008

pujolsjunkie said:
I went to the Mets/D-Backs game Monday at Citi wearing my authentic Young jersey. One of my less successful jersey purchases, right up there with Rich Hill. :lol:

In '07 he looked like he was going to be a Andrew Jones lite. Maybe .265 30+ 90RBI's a year. Dunno what happen.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008

He does play a strong CF, so that works in his favor.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

Send him down to AAA for the rest of the year and then revisit him next spring. Winter ball wouldn't be too bad for him either.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali

Made huge money off of him back in 07, and he's one of my favorite players. Incredible defense, and big time power.

I definitely thought he would be a .260 35-35 guy, but he Ks way too much.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
nkdbacks said:
Rusty Ryal up in his place for those who may be interested.

Watcha think about Oeltjen. Seems like a spark plug the D-Backs might need next year.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
AKA Coastal said:
nkdbacks said:
Rusty Ryal up in his place for those who may be interested.

Watcha think about Oeltjen. Seems like a spark plug the D-Backs might need next year.

I like him a lot so far! Good to see him having some immediate success. I'm interested to see if he can keep it up for a couple weeks. I don't know much about him, but hopefully he sticks around. I assume if he sticks around next year he will be the 4th outfielder (or 5th?). We have so many outfield options. Upton/Parra/Oeltjen/Romero/Young/Byrnes/Jackson.

I don't know how next year will turn out, but right now I'm fine with Upton, Parra and Jackson as the starters (assuming CoJack comes back healthy and hitting). Also depends on what AAA does for CY.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
gerado parra made the move easier. the kid is a great defender and has a consistent bat. can he man cf is the question. i think he can.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
Thank god he got demoted... I'm tired of "chris young at bat and there's another pop up on the infield for the third out in the inning"...

I hope he can turn it around otherwise he will go down as another bad dbacks contract...

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
sportscardtheory said:
What the heck happened to Conor Jackson???

Got Valley Fever and also developed Pneumonia and it really took a toll on him. He would sleep for 15 hours at a time after an hour of batting practice and just couldn't play anymore. Just in the last couple of weeks has he been able to return to normal. He is going to Single A in a week or so to start what he is calling his spring training and if all goes well, he should be back for September call-ups.

Good to hear he is feeling well; Valley Fever is nasty as heck, and many people never fully recover.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
nkdbacks said:
sportscardtheory said:
What the heck happened to Conor Jackson???

Got Valley Fever and also developed Pneumonia and it really took a toll on him. He would sleep for 15 hours at a time after an hour of batting practice and just couldn't play anymore. Just in the last couple of weeks has he been able to return to normal. He is going to Single A in a week or so to start what he is calling his spring training and if all goes well, he should be back for September call-ups.

Good to hear he is feeling well; Valley Fever is nasty as heck, and many people never fully recover.

Thank you very much. I hadn't heard a THING about him all season and thought maybe he retired or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts