Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting conversation w/ the wife during the cubs game...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
While watching the idiot cubs fan throw a beer on victorino during the game, I was able to have a very enjoyable coversation with my wife. During a commercial break they showed jeter saying goodbye to the fans at the old yankee stadium. I followed it by playfully saying "ahhh, shut the (heck) :lol: up jeter". My wife started laughing saying, I swear I was just about to say that. I was surprised she knew jeter, as she doesn't really follow baseball, so asked her to rapid fire to me a list of players she knew. (maddux, jeter, arod, manny, pedro, chipper, mccann, r.johnson, ichiro were her responses, interesting.)

Now the really funny part (at least to me, but perhaps not to griffey fans/collectors). She then said what about that guy in seattle who's dad played?.....Griffey, you mean? I said. He's been to cinci and chitown, but is back in seattle kind of like a fairwell tour type deal. She followed with (I kid you not).....you mean like a pity _ _ _ _??? Mind you, my wife and I like to joke around quite a bit, with me being the vulgar one mainly just for fun, I nearly pee'd myself when she said this. Hopefully someone else finds it funny as well. Just found it extremely funny when people who don't know sports talk about it, especially our loved ones. If not sorry, I'm pretty tired tonight and ready for bed. lol

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Great story.....especially the pity _ _ _ _ :lol: :lol: Sometimes they actually know more than we give them credit for......

My related story that I posted in a thread about the Ripken platinum card (by jpcz) earlier in the week...

This is interesting...my wife and I over the weekend were having a discussion about steroids in baseball (re: Ortiz) and you know what she said to me.....I paraphrase-

she- Who would be the one player we would be shocked if we found out he took steroids?
me- I don't know, Jeter?
she- no Cal Ripken
me- you are scaring me......

My wife is a baseball wife who knows very little about the actual game but has watched 3 sons play hundreds of games and has been present (while on the TV) for a thousand or so Sox games.....guess she does get it.....

Members online

Latest posts