Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Feliz is in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
bballcardkid said:
The past few weeks I have seen more than 1 BA staffer say he will be a future closer in their chats. Hopefully that's not the case.
No way, 1 plus-plus fastball, plus slider no way he's a closer, even though I wouldn't mind it if Frankie keeps doing what he did last night. Tonight is kind of showing the Rangers of the future with Borbon and Andrus stealing bases left and right, Holland pitching a pretty good game, and Feliz closing it out.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
aw00d05 said:
bballcardkid said:
The past few weeks I have seen more than 1 BA staffer say he will be a future closer in their chats. Hopefully that's not the case.
No way, 1 plus-plus fastball, plus slider no way he's a closer, even though I wouldn't mind it if Frankie keeps doing what he did last night. Tonight is kind of showing the Rangers of the future with Borbon and Andrus stealing bases left and right, Holland pitching a pretty good game, and Feliz closing it out.

Surprised me as well when I read it.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Andrus steals third (his 4th of the game) while Borbon gets a bunt single, then Borbon steals 2nd (his 3rd of game), this is awesome.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I could see him setting the table for a long time. He's too valuable in this role to consider moving him at this point. The slider alone isn't reason enough to make him a full time starter, as it's not THAT devastating and it can't be depended on consistently for strikes. Plus, if you convert him to starter that plus plus fastball becomes plus as he has to throw with a little less conviction.

He's built to be the next dominant closer in the game. He may get a try at starter, but I think he ends up in the bullpen for the long haul eventually.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Vagrant said:
I could see him setting the table for a long time. He's too valuable in this role to consider moving him at this point. The slider alone isn't reason enough to make him a full time starter, as it's not THAT devastating and it can't be depended on consistently for strikes. Plus, if you convert him to starter that plus plus fastball becomes plus as he has to throw with a little less conviction.

He's built to be the next dominant closer in the game. He may get a try at starter, but I think he ends up in the bullpen for the long haul eventually.
His change, slider, fastball combo is the best of any MLB/MiLB player under 22...

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
aw00d05 said:
Vagrant said:

His change, slider, fastball combo is the best of any MLB/MiLB player under 22...

He doesn't really have a slider in the traditional sense. It's more of a power curve type pitch. His changeup is pedestrian when his fastball goes back down to 95 in a starting role. I just don't see the secondary stuff developing very well for him as long as he can get people out with that insane heat. That's really all he needs. It makes his secondary stuff not stand out as much.

There is no way in the great wide world that he has the best change and slider of anybody under 22 years old. He has bar none the best heater, but the other two are right at MLB average if not worse at this stage.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Kinsler got hit in the head and wasn't pleased, gave him and Varitek some choice words.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Vagrant said:
aw00d05 said:
Vagrant said:

He doesn't really have a slider in the traditional sense. It's more of a power curve type pitch. His changeup is pedestrian when his fastball goes back down to 95 in a starting role. I just don't see the secondary stuff developing very well for him as long as he can get people out with that insane heat. That's really all he needs. It makes his secondary stuff not stand out as much.

There is no way in the great wide world that he has the best change and slider of anybody under 22 years old. He has bar none the best heater, but the other two are right at MLB average if not worse at this stage.
I said combination of change, slider and fastball, not all 3 were the best...

Members online

Latest posts