Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Slightly OT: Just built this out of scrap in my garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
I was board out of my mind today so I figured I would build a bat/ball display out of some scrap in my garage. This is how it turned out:
46813.jpg

I plan on buying some plexi-glass to cover it tomorrow. Comments/constructive critique appreciated.

-John

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Dpanthers14 said:
I think you should sand it down and stain it and it would look legit. Very nice idea
I agree. I would either use something very light and natural looking, or go
completely the other way and get a dark cherry or something along those lines.
Any other colors of wood in the room already?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Nice work, but I would definitely finish it up and use glass instead of plexi. Of course, you can always change from plexi to glass as a later date, but if you start off right...less hassle later.

Either way, it is a nice looking piece.

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the tips, guys! I think I will go Dark Cherry for the stain, because I have a bass speaker with a wood frame stained like that already. I will post another picture when I get it done.

-John

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
One other suggestion i would make would be to take it the other way and "rough" it up. Either by dirtying it or by dinging it. You could also lightly braise it with a torch.

I just metion it because of the comment where someone said it looks like it was form an old locker room. I think you could make it look like an actual antique piece. Light staining might do it too.

Of course, if you go that route, you can't go back. At least if you stain it a color you don't like, you ca sand it down again.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
hive17 said:
One other suggestion i would make would be to take it the other way and "rough" it up. Either by dirtying it or by dinging it. You could also lightly braise it with a torch.

I just metion it because of the comment where someone said it looks like it was form an old locker room. I think you could make it look like an actual antique piece. Light staining might do it too.

Of course, if you go that route, you can't go back. At least if you stain it a color you don't like, you ca sand it down again.
yea, that sounds like what i was thinking ;)

Members online

Latest posts