Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

top 20 prospects to make a splash next year>>>>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Chris Marrero - He will be BACK!
Andrew Cashner - All the way to the bigs..
Tony Thomas
Mike Montgomery
Moustakas - Back with a HUGE year next year

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Chris Marrero - He will be BACK!
Andrew Cashner - All the way to the bigs..
Tony Thomas
Mike Montgomery
Moustakas - Back with a HUGE year next year

Back in High A where he's failing miserably (the power is there but his BA and consistency are bad) or up to AA?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Not sure if "splash" refers to the Bigs, but I think there's a good chance Desmond Jennings finds his way to the show next season.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
I can only hope for JASON CASTRO. I hope sometime next year he gets his chance at the BIGS, though I feel he will spend most in AAA, or half and half with AA.

I could also see the following players make an impact in some way:

Matt LaPorta-- He's gotta make the big league club next year, in my opinion.
Eric Young, Jr.-- Not 100% sure, but just seems like it is going to happen.
Justin Smoak-- He IS the future at 1B for the Rangers and the future starts next year.
Tim Alderson-- My going-out-on-a-limb pick for next year. Can't really HURT the Pirates, can it?

EDIT: I am invested in NONE of these guys, except emotionally with Castro as an Astros fan. That, and LaPorta from a fantasy POV.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
my guy!!! no my other guy!!!

howbout my main guy?!!

No way, its the guy I'm invested in.
Notice a theme here?
Stupid question, but don't you think people invest in the players they think will break out? I know that you might look at it as people simply pimping their guys, but there's no way I would have picked up hundreds of copies of Desmond Jennings RC cards recently if I did not think he was going to "make a splash next year" and I imagine others might be the same. I bought them because I though he'd do well, and I mention him here for the same reason.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Topnotchsy said:
cgilmo said:

howbout my main guy?!!

Notice a theme here?
Stupid question, but don't you think people invest in the players they think will break out? I know that you might look at it as people simply pimping their guys, but there's no way I would have picked up hundreds of copies of Desmond Jennings RC cards recently if I did not think he was going to "make a splash next year" and I imagine others might be the same. I bought them because I though he'd do well, and I mention him here for the same reason.

well yes, absolutely

I have a stash of a guy I think will break out next year, Zach Mcallister.

I wasn't really intending to make fun of anyone, I was just pointing out how stash centered threads like this are.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
cgilmo said:

howbout my main guy?!!

Notice a theme here?

So does that mean I can't claim Steven Evarts is due for a breakout year (or hopefully a contract)?

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
peter bourjos-improved plate discipline to go along with good skills across the board. his offensive numbers could sore at salt lake. he is the fastest player in the angels organization and his defense is only surpassed by torii. i can see him developing into a shane victorino/lenny dykstra clone

Members online

Latest posts