Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heads up - Beware of the 15-pack EEE lots on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
We all know what happened with the EEE group break with the searched packs. No need to go into that again.

I just wanted to give you all a heads up if you're looking to buy some of the 15-pack blister lots of EEE Hobby on eBay. I bought two of these lots from Wowzzer and took delivery today. They come packaged in 15-pack boxes sealed with packing tape, and are NOT the original 15-pack boxes direct from Donruss that one of the posters on the group break thread had posted. These lots are NOT direct from Donruss, the lots on eBay right now are from the vendors. They put the product out on store shelves, it was picked over for several months, then it was taken off the shelves to make room for new product and these packs were put into 15ct boxes and sold to some of the bigger sellers on eBay. Most of these packs have price stickers on them, and most of them have the tell-tale crease in the sides of the plastic from where pack searchers bent the blister looking for the jerseys and auto patches.

I did pull six autos between the two lots. Four in one box, two in the other. No non-auto parallels (the non-auto parallels were easy for searchers to find). Two of my autos were numbered to 50.

BTW, all the blisters being sold in lots on eBay are the same thing. I got some Bowman Chrome football and they were all searched as well. They're cheap, but they're searched.

So, at the very least, have your seller GUARANTEE that they are getting FACTORY sealed blister boxes, and not just a bunch of packs that had already been on retail shelves.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Do you still have the box that you received the packs in? I am curious to know what the return address is on the box. I'm guessing Beckett Enterprises in Illinois. Please let us know.

Tom

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009
There's no return address on the box. It's a plain brown box with a sticker that reads "08 Elite Extra Edition - 15 pcs." or something to that effect.

My initial thought was that it was from Beckett, but Excel also put out blisters (albeit in much smaller quantities overall).

Members online

Latest posts