Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever sell cards to a player's family members?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I just did. Someone bought two cards of a certain Twins player, same last name. I thought, hmmmm that's strange. Not the strangest name ever so maybe it's just a coincidence.

A quick search revealed that this player was born (and his current hometown) is in the same town of my buyer.

Pretty cool :)

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Lancemountain said:
I just did. Someone bought two cards of a certain Twins player, same last name. I thought, hmmmm that's strange. Not the strangest name ever so maybe it's just a coincidence.

A quick search revealed that this player was born (and his current hometown) is in the same town of my buyer.

I'm just wondering if it is Kyle Gibson? Pretty sure I was competing with some of his family members when I was building my collection of his awhile back.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
cowboysrule48 said:
Lancemountain said:

I'm just wondering if it is Kyle Gibson? Pretty sure I was competing with some of his family members when I was building my collection of his awhile back.

Not him.

But that does bring up the idea that maybe some player's wives or fathers or even themselves are perhaps our biggest competitors on some cards :idea:

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
I have sold cards to a few players families over the years. Obviously, we all know that Brad Ziegler buys his cards. I've sold him 2 cards. Plus when '09 Bowman hit I pulled the Red 1/1 of Tommy Johnson. I had his Mother & Aunt bidding for the card. I know there were a couple others but I can't remember at this time.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Bonderman's Mom

Paul Mahom on the pirates, I think thats his name. His brother was buying all his 05 draft cards.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
I remembered the last family member I sold to was a relative of Vance Worley. Also, sold to a relative of Zack Putnam.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
I sold a EEE to Eric Campbell's uncle. Same last name, same hometown, so I had to ask, and sure it enough it was. Wouldn't comment when I asked where he'd be playing (this was back when he was suspended at the beginning of last year).

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
that was my post on the BMB lol. I asked b/c i sold a guidry auto /5 out of 05 ud oridins to a r.m. guidry from LA. never knew phil hughes would pop up lol

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Just got an email back from the buyer, it's his mother :)

I'll throw some other stuff of him in there (she says she buys them for grandkids/kids in neighborhood asking for cards, ect)

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
From my frist two cases of 08 EEE, all of my Zachary Stewart stuff sold to his mom.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
MeadowbranchJulio said:
Aaron Thompsons dad buys alot of his stuff off of e-bay. And with the way he's played he gets them all cheap.

I sold a BCDP Blue Auto to someone with the same last name from texas. Looked at his feedback and it was pretty much all Aaron Thompson items.
Figured it was his dad or brother, but I just didnt care enough to ask!

Latest posts