Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowden Looking Great in his debut so far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Well, not really. First pitch three run home run. He'll settle down though, IMO. I hope he pitches at least three innings since it's a laugher so we get to see how he can handle.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
trademhigh said:
Well, not really. First pitch three run home run. He'll settle down though, IMO. I hope he pitches at least three innings since it's a laugher so we get to see how he can handle.

Not really sure why he didn't just start the 6th. Was squeezing 1-3 outs from Penny really worth setting Bowden up for disaster? ::facepalm::

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
mredsox89 said:
trademhigh said:

Not really sure why he didn't just start the 6th. Was squeezing 1-3 outs from Penny really worth setting Bowden up for disaster? ::facepalm::
Agreed. I was almost certain the Yankees would score at least once this inning. Not the best for a rookie pitcher's confidence.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
AKA Coastal said:
What a horrible time to bring him in. Talk about a confidence killer.

I really don't think it will bother him in the long run. He's already performed in a RP well against the Yanks a few months ago and pitched well in his start last season.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Is this not a recall so it would not be his debut right.
Note I'm did not even look to see if he was in this situation before.
Don't hate biatches!

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Pine Tar said:
Don't hate biatches!
It wasn't his first Major League Debut, but he was just recalled up, so I considered it a debut.

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
5 runs... yikes Not the greatest time to put him in either :?

Coming from a Yankee fan, I wish Bowden nothing but the best, he was a class act when I met him.

Looks like the AL EAST is slipping away from the Red Sox... :)

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
I think Wakefield pitched in the minors tonight, can't wait for him to make his debut. He was having a decent year before his injury.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
trademhigh said:
Pine Tar said:
Don't hate biatches!
It wasn't his first Major League Debut, but he was just recalled up, so I considered it a debut.
OH ok you like to rewind things. Ok enough said. :lol: ::facepalm:: :D

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
goblue6919 said:
5 runs... yikes Not the greatest time to put him in either :?

Coming from a Yankee fan, I wish Bowden nothing but the best, he was a class act when I met him.

Looks like the AL EAST is slipping away from the Red Sox... :)

Is? You mean slipped away in NY a little while back. :oops:

yankeeshater

Aug 7, 2008
timryan111 said:
I think Wakefield pitched in the minors tonight, can't wait for him to make his debut. He was having a decent year before his injury.

Varitek has been out for a couple days with a bad neck. He'll be making his debut tomorrow. :lol: :D

yankeeshater

Aug 7, 2008
timryan111 said:

Varitek has been out for a couple days with a bad beck. He'll be making his debut tomorrow. :lol: :D

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
Kinda weird, I was opening a pack of Topps Chrome when the Francona was walking out to bring Bowden in and I pulled a Bowden auto from that pack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts