Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So I bought my first Razor card.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Lou Gehrig 2009 Razor Cut Autograph 1/1
LouGehrigCutAuto1of1.jpg

The auction stated that the winner would also receive a "free" Babe Ruth game-used card (choice to be made by seller). Here is the free Ruth I received:

Babe Ruth 2005 Absolute Bat 018/250 Book Value=$150
BabeRuthBat018of250.jpg

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
thank you for the kind words folks.

logan-nah, still not overly excited.....not sure why.....i do know that i will NOT be cracking this one out of its case though. no where on the card does it say "Lou Gehrig" or "1/1", so i guess i will have to suck it up.........

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
And here is the Gehrig from the sell sheet.

3-28.jpg

In case you can't read the fine print, it states...

*Images are examples only. Actual card styles may differ after production.

Well, the card style didn't differ very much at all...but boy oh boy did the autograph.

It's still a Gehrig autograph, which is nice, but it's not one of his nicest. Regardless, nice pick-up Rob.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
wow mike, i sure wish brian would have used the same cut! regardless, it IS a gehrig, so i guess i will just have to live with it...........for now anyway!

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I love the full name Gehrig on that Legendary Cuts better than the L Gehrig (with the L and G connected) I see all over ebay, nice.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Had I have known your's was available (the last time I asked, it wasn't), I definitely would have tried!

I would certainly consider trading you mine and something else for your's (I despise slabbed cards)!!!

hofmichael said:
Great card but you should have bought mine :D

img244-1.jpg

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I guess it comes down to money talks.I had it sold for $7500 but the guy gave me bad vibes so I called off the sale.For now it stays unless someone makes me an offer I can't turn down.
Mike

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
hofmichael-Too bad that sale didn't go through. Out of the ten Gehrig cut auto's I have tracked, only one was higher than that offer ($7,777.77 for a 2007 SP Legendary Cuts Cut Autograph/2 Jerseys 1/1 back in March of this year), with the next highest being $6,000.

Members online

Latest posts