Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

<<<<VINTAGEMAILDAY w/ MASSIVE shoutout to Jay1065!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Wooo my first mailday seems like in forever!! :eek:

Well I have been talking to Jay [Jay1065] lately and he said he was selling his post-war Red Sox vintage cards from his PC and asked if I was interested in purchasing any. Well.....how the hell could I pass that offer up?! :lol:

He gave me an INCREDIBLE deal on the following 3 cards that I picked out (Thanks for such a great deal, bud!) :

#1....1955 Red Man Jackie Jensen w/ tab!

jensenredman.jpg

I saw this one on ebay a couple weeks ago and forgot to bid...so good thing Jay had this one in his collection. ;) I love the yellow background on this one!

#2....1952 Bowman Billy Goodman PSA/DNA

goodman52bowmanpsadna.jpg

What is a famous Scotty mailday without some autographed vintage?! :D Not only is the card VERY sharp looking but the auto just seals the deal on this already sweet card, awesome addition to the PC!! :cool:

#3.....
1950 Bowman Ted Williams PSA 2

tedwilliams50bowmanfront.jpg
tedwilliams50bowmanback.jpg
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yep, you guessed it.....My FIRST Ted Williams card. Finally landed one. And one of my favorites of his too, just an incredible card. SOO nice looking in hand, and a perfect fit for my PC. :D

But wait!

Jay is just that great of a guy that he just HAD to throw in a little something for my Bobby Doerr collection. ;) :cool: :x :mrgreen:

doerrtiptopbread.jpg
doerrtiptopbreadback.jpg

1947 Tip Top Bread Bobby Doerr

For those that don't collect players that are in this set well.....let's just say these cards are extremely rare and hard to find.

Jay, thank you so much man for not only the incredible deal you gave me for the first three cards but also for the Doerr that I NEVER thought would end up in my collection. Very cool of you bud, I owe you one BIG TIME. Your generosity is greatly appreciated... :)

And that is the end of my mailday.....now off to go take a nap.. :lol:

Thanks for looking and comments are appreciated,
-Scott

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
The non-vintage guys are gonna look at the Doerr and think - damn that card is a wreck.

I'm looking at it and thinking dang - those are really tough - wish I had me a Berra like that!

Way to go Jay and nice pickups Scotty.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
gracecollector said:
The non-vintage guys are gonna look at the Doerr and think - damn that card is a wreck.

I'm looking at it and thinking dang - those are really tough - wish I had me a Berra like that!

Way to go Jay and nice pickups Scotty.

Back in the early days of card shows (1981) I had a card show in Elgin Illinois where a older man came in with about 20 Tip-
Top bread cards. These cards are regional issues and since this was the Chicago area, the cards he had were nothing but Cubs and White Sox. They were in great shape and I bought them right away for I think 5 bucks a card. (A fair price back then) With the exception of a few cards at major card shows I can say I have NEVER seen these anywhere else. These are very tough regional issues that came from loaves of bread.

That Doerr is a great card in any condition and a very rare one also.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Somebody call the vet.... Those puppies are SICK!!!!!

I worship at the alter of Scott's vintage collection....

My God buddy, impressive isn't even the right word.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Wow Scotty, not even sure what to say about the Teddy Ballgame. Just an incredible lot of cards. Congrats and way to go Jay!

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Way to go Scotty on a bunch of great cards. I love seeing redmans w/tabs, and the auto'd bowman just looks great. Congrats on the 50 Williams, that is one of my favorites in my collection too. And a great gesture from Jay to throw in such a tough card in that Doerr.

What a great day!

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Good to see the cards arrived safely. Seems like I could have walked them to your neck-of-the woods faster. :mrgreen: I'm glad you liked the Tip Top surprise. I knew it would have a good home in your PC.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
jay1065 said:
Good to see the cards arrived safely. Seems like I could have walked them to your neck-of-the woods faster. :mrgreen: I'm glad you liked the Tip Top surprise. I knew it would have a good home in your PC.
Ha! You probably could have walked them faster it's not like we don't live an hour away... :lol: But thankfully I was in no rush at all, fantastic transaction all around! That Tip Top is incredible, I saw that and my jaw hit the floor I was like " :eek: NO WAY!!!".....Great stuff Jay thanks a ton bud! Hope ya had a good weekend in Maine

gracecollector - Ha, I think you hit the nail on the head on that comment. Couldn't be happier with it reguardless of condition. And that is the thing about my collection nowadays I LOVE that vintage look and feel with the creases, wrinkles, stains, etc...The Tip Tops are very tough though, I think I have seen one sell on ebay and have seen a scan somewhere else besides the one Jay had. I don't have many rare vintage cards so this one goes in a special place in the ole' PC. Thanks Brad and GL on finding a Berra... :)

reyes7castillo1 - The Williams has fantastic eye appeal, and no.....not expensive...Jay gave me quite a deal on the lot. I'll take these old vintage cards over a Lincy BC auto #/1500 any day of the week.

muskiesfan - Thanks Joe!! And yes they do, any Red Sox vintage collection will welcome any new additions. :) Jay is the man, end of story. Oh yeah hope you are doing well also!

mchenrycards - That's AWESOME! Do you still have them????

tedwilliamsfan - I had a feelin you might like that one.... :mrgreen:

rebelpawn - Hah!! :mrgreen: Appreciate the comment James, although...gotta give credit to Jay's vintage collection also! I'm trying to catch up to him.. :D Any new pickups for yourself??

gvsu96 - Thanks Josh! Is Kell in that set??

wideright - Thanks Dave! It sure was a great mailday! I was pumped that I finally got my a Teddy....this is the year I have been getting all of my needs, hell my last pickup was a Tris Speaker....didnt think I would get that one until at LEAST 2010!!

Mighty Bombjack - Thanks man! Great mailday yourself, keep em up!

TBP - AMEN BROTHA!!! :)

wolfmanalfredo - Thanks a ton Andy, having the tab on the Red Man is awesome, the Bowman is just plain SICK, the Teddy is well...Teddy. ;) And the Doerr is just incredible, icing on the cake!! :shock: Great day indeed....awesome mailday, $305 paycheck, and I got out of work early today! :D :lol:

chippernate - Thanks bud!! :)

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Wow, extra nice cards, Scott! I really like the RedMan Jensen. I have a Jimmy Piersall from that set, but it doesn't have the tab on it. Well done!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Damn...thats a VERY nice hual Scotty!!! Nice work on Jays half too...you and your darn vintage threads are REALLY getting me thinking of starting a small vintage PC.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
MaineMule said:
Great gesture Jay and sweet additions Scotty. Love the Ted of course!!
Thanks Scott! :mrgreen:
Ted is very nice, I would ask if you were jealous but I am almost postive you already have that one!!! :eek:

JackLondon - Thanks a lot Andrew! Those Red Mans look awesome in person, let's see yours!!!

metallicalex777 - Thanks Alex! :) And if I can get a least one new person to collect vintage per month....then my goal is accomplished! :cool: Start one man, I'll help yah out if you decide you want to!!

Members online

Latest posts