Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are the chances Bryce Harper...

What position will he Bryce in the majors?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassprokvd

May 10, 2009
TITLETOWN, Wisconsin
What are the chances Bryce Harper stays at catcher throughout his career? I'm hoping he swiches position because im worried about his knees holding up for a long career? Do you guys think he can be more effective staying at catcher? The reason Im asking is i just bought a three color USA auto of his, and it was kind of a big purchase (i should have scans up by tommorrow but you can look at ebay and it was the last three color one sold, if you want).

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Throughout his career? No. Mauer is more athletic and will likely move at some point down the road in order to keep his bat in top form. He'll almost certainly start his career as a catcher, unless the team that drafts him already has a young stud catcher somewhere in the system. Barring injury, defensive struggles, or the emergence of another catcher in the system that could allow the team to move Harper, he'll be at catcher for the forseeable future.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
It should be noted that he has three positions listed for him throughout the HS games, not including pitcher.

Primary: Catcher
Secondary: Third Base
Other: Outfield

My guess is that he stays a catcher as long as he can handle it or someone moves him off the position. Anytime you have a premium talent at a premium position, you try your best to keep him there.

If he doesn't want to stay there or gets moved, my next guess would be third base due to his athleticism, arm, and power potential.

Corner outfield will clearly be the last resort. If he loses athliticism or fills out too much, first base is another option, although his arm wouldn't play much, making that a bit of a waste.

piazza31

Jul 5, 2009
He's a mega prospect because of his position.

If he were to move, he's just another Mike Stanton. Good, but not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He needs to stay at catcher to keep his aurora.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
piazza31 said:

If he were to move, he's just another Mike Stanton. Good, but not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

::facepalm::

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
As I see it:

He can be the strictly lefty hitting version of Chipper Jones if he is moved to third base.

He can be the clean living version of Josh Hamilton if he is moved to the outfield.

Or he can be a reasonable facsimile of Joe Mauer if he sticks at catcher.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
LLWesMan said:
piazza31 said:

I think you mean aura.

No, he has a 2003 Oldsmobile Aurora. His parents have already told him if he moves away from catcher they're taking the keys.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Vagrant said:
LLWesMan said:
piazza31 said:

I think you mean aura.

No, he has a 2003 Oldsmobile Aurora. His parents have already told him if he moves away from catcher they're taking the keys.
Possibly one of the funniest posts, that I've read, in the last 24 hours. Post thanked.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I tend to agree with both points.

1. He has a lot to prove, and a lot to grow before MLB consideration is even on the table due to his age.

2. To keep his hobby status, he will need to remain behind the plate.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
if he gets drafted by the nationals and can play second i think that is were they will put him. i dont think he will be put at shortstop but the nats need a good ss also. if he gets drafted by the royals i have no clue were he will be. i dont follow the royals enough

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Yea, I've got to see him do more than put up big time numbers in high school before I can even imagine him in the MLB. I realize it was only one game the other night ,but his flailing swing isn't going to get him in the bigs anytime soon.

Members online

Latest posts