Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Justin Smoak FCB National Set Rainbow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Obviously, these are the printing plates and a signed card (signed at a USA World Cup Professional Team game this past weekend).

smoak-fcbbow.jpg

And to the follow-up question, "Will any printing plates be given away, and if so, how will they be given away?"

I don't know...I just operated the knife to cut them out. And for the record, cutting through aluminum plates without a die is not easy...especially with the number of single plates there are.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Adamsince1981 said:
You should get the plates slabbed in a BGS authentic slab...

Yea, they might be fake.

I undestand they are 100% real, but they werent released in pack form and not everyone reads this board...I just think it will add to their collectibility....

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
AKA Coastal said:
Adamsince1981 said:

Yea, they might be fake.

I undestand they are 100% real, but they werent released in pack form and not everyone reads this board...I just think it will add to their collectibility....

Yea, I was jk. They would look nice in BGS slabs.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Adamsince1981 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":333ep11d]
Adamsince1981 said:

Yea, they might be fake.

Yea, I was jk. They would look nice in BGS slabs.[/quote:333ep11d]

Personally, I would have got the plates signed as well...

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
AKA Coastal said:
Adamsince1981 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":33z1clvj]
Adamsince1981 said:

Yea, they might be fake.

Yea, I was jk. They would look nice in BGS slabs.

Personally, I would have got the plates signed as well...[/quote:33z1clvj]
If Justin would have been even remotely amicable to the idea of signing then I would have.

He was not, therefore they stayed unsigned. I felt lucky enough to get him to stop and sign the base card.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I only went to one game when Frisco was in town and never asked for his autograph. What did he say about the plates?

Did you have any thoughts to getting them slabbed?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Slabbed as "authentic" may help some secondary market value, but all of them would have to be slabbed for it to be pulled off correctly...and there are a lot of plates for this set considering it wasn't printed "1-up" like most sets.

Therefore, there are multiple sets of the Smoak plates, along with Beckham, Wieters, Cooper and Wallace. Plus the backs.

Members online

Latest posts