Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where did bigboydsportscards3 get the un-numbered parallels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
He has had several sick cards I want recently but none of them have the serial numbers. What gives?

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
The cards I have been watching are Bowman Chrome Gold Refractors and Bowman Sterling Black/Gold Refractors.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
trevordchi said:
The cards I have been watching are Bowman Chrome Gold Refractors and Bowman Sterling Black/Gold Refractors.

In that case...

[insert sketchy means of securing cards here]

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
theplasticman said:
trevordchi said:

In that case...

That's what I'm thinking. Not real smart to list them all at once either. I don't like it. Makes me really wonder how many more of each card are out there.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
there was another seller who had numerous 06 gold refractors w/ no serial numbers listed. i asked him if they were #d and his reply is that they were replacements from topps :?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
How long before this happens again to other current 'rare' investment issues en masse?

Halonut said:
there was another seller who had numerous 06 gold refractors w/ no serial numbers listed. i asked him if they were #d and his reply is that they were replacements from topps :?

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
trevordchi said:
theplasticman said:
trevordchi said:

In that case...

That's what I'm thinking. Not real smart to list them all at once either. I don't like it. Makes me really wonder how many more of each card are out there.

This is the first time they've shown up in the form of Sterling Black Refractors (I saw the Venable, as I have 15 of the 25 #'d versions). Gilmore had E-mailed Topps to find out about them I believe and I'm not sure of the response.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
They're not stolen property until reported as such. Until that time, they're fair game - maybe Topps wanted to see how the secondary market would react.

justinmandawg said:
I have no idea.

uniquebaseballcards said:
Was a police report filed?

justinmandawg said:
They are in effect stolen property. It's like blaming someone for their house getting robbed.

Topps does not print their own cards, they subcontract out. Now we go to the printer. The printer may have 1-2 minimum wage workers who set the plates or ink. Someone knows them (or seek them out) and tells them to retrieve some "test" sheets from the trash (like any good company they recycle their junk cardboard). They get the sheets and get paid very nicely. Go to your local mom & pop printer and get the cards cut like the factory.......

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Sure. I also have other alternatives:
Topps allows printers to keep a few extra sheets as a bonus for a job well done.

or

Topps, cutting corners, pays for services by allowing printers to keep a few extra sheets.

Nobody knows for sure whether mischief is involved until a police report is filed.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
uniquebaseballcards said:
Sure. I also have other alternatives:
Topps allows printers to keep a few extra sheets as a bonus for a job well done.

or

Topps, cutting corners, pays for services by allowing printers to keep a few extra sheets.

Nobody knows for sure whether mischief is involved until a police report is filed.

Who shot JFK?

Jul 30, 2009
Backdoored or whatever, its still STOLEN PROPERTY.

Theres no reason to release them by Topps to see how the market whould react.

Its the same thing that used to happen 15-20 years ago except then it was about uncut Topps sheets and stolen reg insert cards.

Topps is in no fault here but it is a good thing that they put "Topps can not guarantee that unauthorized copies of it's cards might exist" on the wrappers.

Latest posts