Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bah! Missed some auctions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

Was working on some custom "Save the Dates" for the wedding next year and totally forgot to bid. Would have been a couple of nice additions to my Wilhelm collection at well under what I would have paid. Funny thing is that I had snipes set earlier but canceled them since I was gonna' be home. Doh!

Oh, well. The "Save the Dates" look nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEDWX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEDWX:IT

Don't you hate that? At least it wasn't a Recollection auto I needed.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I did the same thing earlier with a football card I was after. I decided to manually snipe it toward the end but ended up leaving the computer and started doing something else. Such a sick feeling to come back and realize you forgot to bid and see it was won for substantially less than your planned bid. ::facepalm::

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Trust me, Gixen should become your friend immediately.
Been planning our wedding for the last 9 months and dont have time to manually snipe, so gixen has become my savor. Only downfall is forgetting to enter the item in gixen ASAP, as that has bitten me in the ass a couple of times.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Yea I hate that, it just happened to me the other day. It'd been a while since I found a Puckett 85 Topps Tiffany in a regular auction format as apposed to sellers w/outrageous BIN's. Forgot to bid, and missed out. Looked to be mint, and ended at like 16. When I had a snipe set(which I later deleted also because I was gonna be there), it was at 45 because they generally get up there.

O well, you win some and loose some, but we've all learned a valuable lesson: Even if you're planning on being around, keep those snipes up as a safe fallback option when something comes up or things are overlooked/forgotten.

Members online

Latest posts