Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

JEFF GARCIA Returns to the EAGLES/FEELEY to the PANTHERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -panthers/

We usually try to limit PFT posts to one major topic, but two stories broke Monday afternoon that are unquestionably connected, and deserve to be together.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Jeff Garcia has agreed to a contract to return to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Meanwhile, A.J. Feeley has decided to join the Panthers, apparently spurning overtures from Philadelphia, according to multiple reports.

More to come shortly.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Just saw it on Schefters twitter. My take is that McNabb can't make his injury any worse by playing, but it may not get better either. Thus, he can play a game or two, but might end up having to take a week or two off at some point in the season just because of pain, so they wanted a quality backup who can win games instead of just manage games.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I wonder what Vick thinks about the Eagles going out and getting another QB. That will technically put 4 on the roster, as Vick will be back and active in a few weeks.

Could this be bad news for Kolb?

I could see if they picked up a low level Qb for safety, but Jeff Garcia is perhaps the best backup QB in the league right now (even starting material compared to certain teams), and he even knows the system. I see no reason they would want to keep Kolb around with McNabb, Garcia, and Vick.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Card Magnet said:
[quote="G $MONEY$":1wyu1pfq]Im still really pissed that the Raiders let Garcia go. :x :x :x
He asked them to let him go. It probably would have caused them problems had they not obliged.[/quote:1wyu1pfq]

ahhhhh, i did not know that. I just thought they didn't like his skill or body condition.

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
[quote="Card Magnet":d6ovde6g][quote="G $MONEY$":d6ovde6g]Im still really pissed that the Raiders let Garcia go. :x :x :x
He asked them to let him go. It probably would have caused them problems had they not obliged.[/quote:d6ovde6g]

ahhhhh, i did not know that. I just thought they didn't like his skill or body condition.[/quote:d6ovde6g]
he made it clear he wasn't anyone's backup, he wants to start. so what happens when mcnabb comes back? bye bye cry baby

Latest posts