Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I swear, Tiger collectors are INSANE........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
This one is spiralling out of control with plenty of time left:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

The other inscription card was on ebay a couple weeks ago, and the dumb-dumb seller ended it the morning he listed it. I cringe to think he sold it offline for a rumored $3000.

Lesson #1: NEVER, NEVER end a rare card early. NEVER.

I thought I was already pretty insane, but these bidders are taking it to a new level. Gosh it's going to be fun to see what this one ends at. :p

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
If Blowoutcards is paying $10,000 for that card, it should at least bring $15,000 in an auction...

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
95vr4 said:
If Blowoutcards is paying $10,000 for that card, it should at least bring $15,000 in an auction...

Blowout was paying $10,000 for a bgs 9.5 copy of the 2008 Goudey Tiger autograph, of which only 5 copies exist.

This one won't even grade an 8.5, It'll get an 8 if it's lucky. There's a bunch of white printer specs on his pants, and the centering won't get higher than an 8 as well.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
shephech said:
Could that inscription possibly be faked??? Or has it been proven authentic?

Shep :ugeek:

I guess theoretically it could, but Upper Deck has well publicized images of the two inscription cards on the internet. This one's legit.

And there aren't many copies of the non-inscription autos lying around, either.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Are you sure those are printer specs?? :shock: :shock:

Sorry I've had a few...

brouthercard said:
There's a bunch of white printer specs on his pants, and the centering won't get higher than an 8 as well.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
markakis8 said:
Are you sure those are printer specs?? :shock: :shock:

Sorry I've had a few...

brouthercard said:
There's a bunch of white printer specs on his pants, and the centering won't get higher than an 8 as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe the seller got a little TOO excited after he pulled that card....................I probably would have too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
brouthercard said:
shephech said:

I guess theoretically it could, but Upper Deck has well publicized images of the two inscription cards on the internet. This one's legit.

And there aren't many copies of the non-inscription autos lying around, either.

Oh I see.... Thanks.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
shephech said:

The writing of the inscription looks exactly like Tigers handwriting, that was the first thing i looked at. I say its 100% real.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Why is a $15000 card not in some type of protection at all times? I mean if you have it in a new one-touch, the photo will still turn out nice and there is much less risk involved in handling... I just don't understand???

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I have to wonder if that auction is legit. New seller & all.

To put things in perspective, I just sold the Michael Jordan from the set, on the eve of his HOF induction, for 650

A_Pharis

Warren's All Stars said:
I have to wonder if that auction is legit. New seller & all.

To put things in perspective, I just sold the Michael Jordan from the set, on the eve of his HOF induction, for 650

If you look at other Tiger sales, this one is not that crazy. I don't Jordan sells anywhere near what Tiger sells for.
His Exquisite jersey auto sold for like $25k.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
A_Pharis said:
[quote="Warren's All Stars":36cpruac]I have to wonder if that auction is legit. New seller & all.

If you look at other Tiger sales, this one is not that crazy. I don't Jordan sells anywhere near what Tiger sells for.
His Exquisite jersey auto sold for like $25k.[/quote:36cpruac]

Far fewer Tigers on the market than MJ.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
George_Calfas said:
[quote="A_Pharis":1eraoq76][quote="Warren's All Stars":1eraoq76]I have to wonder if that auction is legit. New seller & all.

His Exquisite jersey auto sold for like $25k.[/quote:1eraoq76]

Far fewer Tigers on the market than MJ.[/quote:1eraoq76]
This. And by a wide margin too.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
A_Pharis said:
I was only saying, because Warren used his Jordan sale as a reference point for this auction. You can't compare the two.
Bingo, as long as Tiger only signs a few per year it will stay way. Couple that with the fact he is one of the bigger sports stars on the planet right now equals big bucks

Members online

Latest posts