Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Score Team Collection Premier Club Texas Rangers cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
1997 Score Team Collection Premier Club Will Clark, #2

This is much rarer than Beckett claims. I have been looking for this card, well, since 1997 I guess. It was the 1 per box pull out of the Texas Rangers Score boxes. Beckett has it listed at $20.00 (20 times $1.00), but I would gladly pay at least double book to get it, so I can finally knock it off my list. If any of the Clark collectors have an extra of it or anyone else would like to trade it or sell it, let me know. I do have a Wade Boggs (New York Yankees Team Collection) Premier Club if anyone needs that one as trade bait. Thanks for the help.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Yep, there are 3 different versions.

I could provide scans of the common 2 if needed, but I too, would love to see a scan of the Premier.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Basically the same as the one that says platinum club but it has some gold mixed into the
background. I have seen the Jeter and sombody just posted the Smoltz in the rare 90's thread.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
97_Score_Gold_Premier.jpg

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
you will pay alot more than 40 for it if it hits the bay.. there are 3 hardcore clark collectors on this board alone that will battle it out for it..

I saw one Canseco about 6 months or so ago and wasn't sure at that time what I was seeing selling for $75+. now I know what that person bought and I wish I had the funds and the smarts to get in on it at that time. there will be another but who knows how long and there are deeper pockets still out there than me.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Well, I have seen SOME of the Premier Club's sell for less than $20, so I will hope for the best. Or I just need to find a die hard Wade Boggs fan willing to trade me for the Premier Club Boggs I have :)

I would love for one to be listed on ebay. If anyone out there has it, list it already :)

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Here are my 5 variations of the Vizquel.

Note that the scan doesn't show the Tribe Collection (3rd card) very well, it's basically silver foil. The fronts of the Platinum Team (4th card) and Premier Club (5th card) are similar. The Platinum Team is silver, while the Premier Club is more gold.

1997ScoreIndiansVariations.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Awesome pics!! How were the 1st and 3rd ones released? I don't know of those at all. Just great, more cards to add to my need list.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
clarkfan said:
Awesome pics!! How were the 1st and 3rd ones released? I don't know of those at all. Just great, more cards to add to my need list.

The 1st and 3rd were a 1997 Indians Score update set. The Indians appear to be the only team with an update set.

From Beckett:

This 15 card set, which is similar in design to the 1997 Score Indians set features some changes from the earlier Indians set. The cards were issued in seven card packs with a suggested retail price of $1.30. An added feature of these packs was that passes to All-Star fanfest were randomly included in the packs. A parallel Tribe collection card was included one every six packs. Brian Giles appears in his Rookie Card season.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
AndruwHRJones said:
The 1st and 3rd were a 1997 Indians Score update set. The Indians appear to be the only team with an update set.

From Beckett:

This 15 card set, which is similar in design to the 1997 Score Indians set features some changes from the earlier Indians set. The cards were issued in seven card packs with a suggested retail price of $1.30. An added feature of these packs was that passes to All-Star fanfest were randomly included in the packs. A parallel Tribe collection card was included one every six packs. Brian Giles appears in his Rookie Card season.

Great to know, thanks for researching that. Truth be told, I love these cards!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
tunahead said:
Only paid $25 for my Ripken:

See!! There is hope for me finding the Will Clark for a decent price :)

I know there are as many die hard Ripken collectors as Will, so maybe I will just continue the hunt and hope 1 falls into my lap soon.

Great buy though tunahead, I'm sure its worth much more than that.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
I think I got lucky and it was obscure enough that none of the other Ripken guys noticed it :) The same seller also had a lot of 25 of the Platiunums for $20, so I bought those too.

It's a sweet card though, I hope you are able to find your Clark!

Members online

Latest posts