Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do you display your PC?

Binder or toploaders?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Hi all,

Day off from work and a lot of time on my hands, soooooo....

I am organizing my Fregosi collection. Right now, the base cards are in 9-pocket sheets in a binder. The autographs and game used are in toploaders. The graded cards are in, well, the graded thingies. Was thinking I might want to just put all the base in toploaders and keep the whole collection in a box/tin, since the binder can be a pain to get down from the shelf and all.

What do you guys do with your PC, especially the base cards. Binder or individual holders?

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I am leaning toward toploaders for all of mine. Since Fregosi doesn't have tons of cards, I can afford to buy new toploaders for each of 'em. One-touches would be good for the few autographs/game used.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Andrew- Enjoy the day off bud! Spending the day off dealing with cards is always a great day off in my opinion.

I keep all of my base cards in penny sleeves, top loaders, a team bag, and then sorted by year, then manufacturer in a 3 row shoe box like this:http://cgi.ebay.com/4-BCW-3200-COUN...ards?hash=item5ad378b7f3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It doesn't really hold 3200 when you have the top loaders and team bags though. ;)

I use the same style boxes for my game used and autographs. Most of my game used and autographs are in top loaders, but I plan on switching them all over to one touches within the next year.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
muskiesfan said:
Andrew- Enjoy the day off bud! Spending the day off dealing with cards is always a great day off in my opinion.

I keep all of my base cards in penny sleeves, top loaders, a team bag, and then sorted by year, then manufacturer in a 3 row shoe box like this:http://cgi.ebay.com/4-BCW-3200-COUN...ards?hash=item5ad378b7f3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It doesn't really hold 3200 when you have the top loaders and team bags though. ;)

I use the same style boxes for my game used and autographs. Most of my game used and autographs are in top loaders, but I plan on switching them all over to one touches within the next year.

So far so good, but Chris called from work. She stopped by the Verizon place to exchange our DVR boxes this morning. They originally sent us ones that work with HD TVs (which we don't have). When we pointed out the mistake, they said we could switch them for regular DVR boxes. She packed up all the boxes, brought 'em in, and was told that Verizon doesn't make DVR boxes for regular tvs, just HD TVs. WOW, she is mad. Kinda like the Hulk (you wouldn't like her when she's angry). Have to say I am glad I am not there; already caught some collateral anger from her on the phone. :?

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
For my Pettitte collection, all base, refractors, and higher #ed stuff goes into binders. G/U, low #ed, and autos go into magnetic one-touches. My nicer autographed stuff goes into those one-touches and then onto those little plastic card easels.

I've been thinking about putting the Pettitte base, etc into top loaders, but I guess it's more fun to me to flip through the pages of my binders.

I'm thinking about getting some sort of shelving to display my better autographs - right now they just sit on my entertainment center in an extra slot where a receiver/CD player should go.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Slette said:
I've been thinking about putting the Pettitte base, etc into top loaders, but I guess it's more fun to me to flip through the pages of my binders.

I guess that is why I am conflicted. The cards in sheets look nice together. Will have to keep ruminatin' on this one.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, Cardboard 3200 Count Boxes.

I like having all my Cardinals in the box, very nicely organized too.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
marterburn said:
DSC00672.jpg

The rest are on a shelf below in another display-ish holder.

WOW! Where'd you get that? I've got a pair of 5,000 count monster boxes for my collection, organized by year and set but my pc has its own special section of the box.

Anthony

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
JackLondon said:
muskiesfan said:

So far so good, but Chris called from work. She stopped by the Verizon place to exchange our DVR boxes this morning. They originally sent us ones that work with HD TVs (which we don't have). When we pointed out the mistake, they said we could switch them for regular DVR boxes. She packed up all the boxes, brought 'em in, and was told that Verizon doesn't make DVR boxes for regular tvs, just HD TVs. WOW, she is mad. Kinda like the Hulk (you wouldn't like her when she's angry). Have to say I am glad I am not there; already caught some collateral anger from her on the phone. :?

We have an HD DVR and we use it on our regular TV.. We are getting Comcasts Triple Play HD special.. Works fine..

As for storage...

room1.jpg

Once in awhile when I am sorting them...

kc4.jpg

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
chashawk said:
Binders for base. Toploaders for #'d, gu, etc. One-touches for nicer cards.

desk1.jpg

The only thing I can think of when I see this picture is: "Why isn't your monitor using the correct resolution?"

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
tunahead said:
chashawk said:
Binders for base. Toploaders for #'d, gu, etc. One-touches for nicer cards.

desk1.jpg

The only thing I can think of when I see this picture is: "Why isn't your monitor using the correct resolution?"
Because if it did, I would have to look back and forth like I was watching a tennis match :lol:

joelmcook said:
chashawk, I like the way you displayed your cards on the shelf, but were did you get the supports for the cards?
Hobby Lobby. 2" plastic easels :D

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
i have a few items on the walls, and a real nice 5 level corner curio cab

bday1.jpg

nice1.jpg

(updated curio pic)
curio1.jpg
curio2.jpg
redlines.jpg
my autos are all packed away

Members online