Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UT-TTU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Nate, I know you are watching.

Anyone else got the game on?

I just want to say, I have man love for Brent Musburger.

Oh, also, JORDAN SHIPLEY!!!!!!

7-3 Texas ;)

(If you feel like it, I have a running blog of the game right now...feel free to kill some time by reading it....updating basically every 2-5 minutes or so).

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Man...is it me or is McCoy having trouble lately?I am not trying to be a parrot for the commentators but they have a point.He just can't seem to find his groove.

I am also not gonna lie...Taylor Potts scares the hell out of me as a UT fan.He basically stands there and does not panic when the pressure is coming.He's already taken a few big hits but he is like a statue when the pressure is on.That's not a good thing for the UT defense since they don't seem to be able to penetrate very well as it is.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
predatorkj said:
Man...is it me or is McCoy having trouble lately?I am not trying to be a parrot for the commentators but they have a point.He just can't seem to find his groove.

I am also not gonna lie...Taylor Potts scares the hell out of me as a UT fan.He basically stands there and does not panic when the pressure is coming.He's already taken a few big hits but he is like a statue when the pressure is on.That's not a good thing for the UT defense since they don't seem to be able to penetrate very well as it is.
TTU holds every play, just watch, they grab the guys right under their shoulder pads and don't let go.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Tech driving again, way too many yards passing that Texas is giving up, making this more of a game than I think it should have been. Probably not a good sign for the rest of the schedule, even if they win here.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Daltonb1219 said:
Wreck em tech

You a Tech fan or an Iowa fan?Seems kinda odd you'd be both. :lol: Tech wrecked themselves on penalties.

In any case...I have a bad feeling about the Longhorns going the distance this year.Even if they got to a championship game...there is no way in hell they beat the likes of Florida with this team.Colt just doesn't look like he can get comfortable, the defense isn't penetrating and they are giving up way too many yards.About the one good thing I can say about the defense is they seem to be able to create turnovers.But they need to tighten up some.If Tech hadn't gotten as many penalties as they did...I think the Longhorns might have had to kiss the baby 2 years in a row.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
predatorkj said:
Daltonb1219 said:
Wreck em tech

You a Tech fan or an Iowa fan?Seems kinda odd you'd be both. :lol: Tech wrecked themselves on penalties.

In any case...I have a bad feeling about the Longhorns going the distance this year.Even if they got to a championship game...there is no way in hell they beat the likes of Florida with this team.Colt just doesn't look like he can get comfortable, the defense isn't penetrating and they are giving up way too many yards.About the one good thing I can say about the defense is they seem to be able to create turnovers.But they need to tighten up some.If Tech hadn't gotten as many penalties as they did...I think the Longhorns might have had to kiss the baby 2 years in a row.

No no im not a Tech fan i just freaking hate Texas

Im a Iowa fan only i root for other teams in games like this but im only a hawk fan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Daltonb1219 said:
predatorkj said:
Daltonb1219 said:
Wreck em tech

Im a Iowa fan only i root for other teams in games like this but im only a hawk fan

Why the hate for UT.Did they spank Iowa real bad a few seasons ago or something?

Its kind of funny because I like UT but I have several autos from players from other Texas colleges.I actually have a Graham Harrell auto'd mini sitting right next to a Colt McCoy auto'd min that's next to a James Casey auto'd Rice mini.I'd like to get Taylor Potts as well as Crabtree and a few other UT guys too.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
predatorkj said:
Daltonb1219 said:
predatorkj said:
Daltonb1219 said:
Wreck em tech

Why the hate for UT.Did they spank Iowa real bad a few seasons ago or something?

Its kind of funny because I like UT but I have several autos from players from other Texas colleges.I actually have a Graham Harrell auto'd mini sitting right next to a Colt McCoy auto'd min that's next to a James Casey auto'd Rice mini.I'd like to get Taylor Potts as well as Crabtree and a few other UT guys too.

Im not sure really why i dislike them, i guess its because every one in my school hypes them up an im not a big fan of them i guess. An the 06 Alamo bowl game where Texas beat us 26-24 with a comeback really pissed me off.

Thats pretty sweet you should get a mini helmet autoed by every d1 school in Texas that would be really cool actually

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Tech does this to everybody...They do dink and dumps all game and it's impossible to stop unless they make a mistake (which is why they lost). Tennessee shut down Flordia so I'm sure Texas can do it...

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
aw00d05 said:
Tech does this to everybody...They do dink and dumps all game and it's impossible to stop unless they make a mistake (which is why they lost). Tennessee shut down Flordia so I'm sure Texas can do it...

As does UT. Texas's is offense is more of a dink and dunk than Tech's.

If you look at the stats we averaged more per pass than did UT.

The game was fun! I am glad Tech didnt come out and get their asses handed to us as I thought. Tech gave Texas all they could handle in their place. I was very impressed of the poise Potts and Tech as a team showed. Think what got us in the end was:

1. Special Teams
2. Penalties
3. Defensive Line

Specials teams killed us in the 2nd half for field position and of course the punt return in the first quarter. The ******* onside kick didn't help either.

Penalties. Man the refs were AWFUL for both sides. Some of the non calls like the helmet to helmet hit by Texas, and a few they didnt call on Tech. Then they would call ticky tack crap on both teams. The officiating was GARBAGE.

We traveled with 2 defensive ends. They played the whole game. Then once Texas started to run the ball down our throats our d-line was tired and couldnt keep up.

What it boils down to is that Texas Tech CAN play with anyone in the big 12. I am excited to see this. However we better not let down next week against Houston, or we could lose easily.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Ryo1549 said:
aw00d05 said:

As does UT. Texas's is offense is more of a dink and dunk than Tech's.

If you look at the stats we averaged more per pass than did UT.

The game was fun! I am glad Tech didnt come out and get their asses handed to us as I thought. Tech gave Texas all they could handle in their place. I was very impressed of the poise Potts and Tech as a team showed. Think what got us in the end was:

1. Special Teams
2. Penalties
3. Defensive Line

Specials teams killed us in the 2nd half for field position and of course the punt return in the first quarter. The ******* onside kick didn't help either.

Penalties. Man the refs were AWFUL for both sides. Some of the non calls like the helmet to helmet hit by Texas, and a few they didnt call on Tech. Then they would call ticky tack crap on both teams. The officiating was GARBAGE.

We traveled with 2 defensive ends. They played the whole game. Then once Texas started to run the ball down our throats our d-line was tired and couldnt keep up.

What it boils down to is that Texas Tech CAN play with anyone in the big 12. I am excited to see this. However we better not let down next week against Houston, or we could lose easily.

I agree on the officiating.I don't care if my team wins or loses based on a call as long as it was a fair call.

I would say this though...I think that helmet to helmet didn't get called because you could see Kindle actually tried to lower his head.I don't think he tried to hit helmet to helmet.In my mind...its a dumb penalty anyways.Hell...that used to be my favorite thing to do.Rattle somebody's brain a little bit.

I think ya'll will beat Houston but you should have your hands full with them.I do agree too that TT can stand up to anyone in the Big 12.That's a good thing too because that means wins in this division mean more for bowl bids and national championship bids.Just look at poor Utah last year.

Members online

Latest posts