Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I love international buyers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
I just got this little gem.

"thank you very much your invoice. however postage is too much expensive. i dont need first priority air mail. because card is cheap. please send me card by regular air mail service(i know well that its very cheap). please resend me invoice. i`m going to be send you payment via paypal. thanks again"

All my auction state that international bidders ask about shipping options BEFORE bidding. ::facepalm::
My default shipping internationally is USPS Flat Rate International which is $12.95.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Philip J. Fry said:
Gotta love literacy!

Well, if all else fails, file the NPB and relist?

I was nice enough to say. Either pay for the shipping like the auction stated or we can agree not to complete the auction.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
George_Calfas said:
Josh, what did you sell?

Some stupid WBC card from that Topps Ticket product. It sold for like $5.50. The winner but a bid in fairly early but never asked at any time about shipping options.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
gvsu96 said:
George_Calfas said:
Josh, what did you sell?

Some stupid WBC card from that Topps Ticket product. It sold for like $5.50. The winner but a bid in fairly early but never asked at any time about shipping options.

The seller should have read the auction/asked but I can see him not wanting to pay $12+ for shipping of a $5 card but then again you need to protect yourself.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
George_Calfas said:
gvsu96 said:
[quote="George_Calfas":5dqmtlbj]Josh, what did you sell?

The seller should have read the auction/asked but I can see him not wanting to pay $12+ for shipping of a $5 card but then again you need to protect yourself.[/quote:5dqmtlbj]

I agree completely. When I messaged him back I explained that I needed to send it in a way that it can be tracked. The drop down shipping calculator stated the correct price to Japan. That why I offered not to complete the transaction if he wanted.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Yea, try insuring a card to send overseas. I don't care if they pay premiums for their guys, I won't sell internationally anymore. PERIOD.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
gvsu96 said:
George_Calfas said:
gvsu96 said:
[quote="George_Calfas":eebroypj]Josh, what did you sell?

The seller should have read the auction/asked but I can see him not wanting to pay $12+ for shipping of a $5 card but then again you need to protect yourself.

I agree completely. When I messaged him back I explained that I needed to send it in a way that it can be tracked. The drop down shipping calculator stated the correct price to Japan. That why I offered not to complete the transaction if he wanted.[/quote:eebroypj]

If he insist upon cheaper shipping I say send him a message through ebay explaining the lack of tracking. Ask him to respond with the knowledge that he is turning down security measures and lifts delivery responsibility from you. Send it cheaper and keep the receipt. This way you have proof of payment to Japan and his message in case it goes bad.

Not fool proof but it moves the card and you avoid the neg.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
sportscardtheory said:
Would you use DC on a $5 sale to the US? If not, why charge $12 for shipping a $5 item internationally. Just send the card and be done with it.

I ship every auction through paypal. So yes, I would use DC on a $5 sale.

sheepshearer71

Jul 27, 2009
JackLondon said:
I use DC on everything I sell, regardless of final price. Just saves on headaches later on with the Paypal folks.

Exactly.

It is protection against the dishonest collectors that will say that they never received a card even though they did.

Keith

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
JackLondon said:
I use DC on everything I sell, regardless of final price. Just saves on headaches later on with the Paypal folks.

+1. It's 19¢ through Paypal and saves a lot of headache.

CP_C

Sep 11, 2009
I use DC on everything too. I also usually insure everything even if the buyer doesn't pay for it.

Sorry you're in that situation. Shipping International sucks.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Sorry for the PITA Josh.

I would never ship intl w/o signature confirmation.

Hate to say it, but I've turned down offers from intl buyers just to avoid the headaches.

Jul 30, 2009
Intl buyers are exactly like domestic buyers......NO ONE EVER READS AN AUCTION

Card I have up now states same price shipping anywhere, so obviously I get an email asking how much to ship to Korea.

I also state IN BIG BOLD RED LETTERS at the start of the auction that I will GLADLY ship to Korea and you know it, I got an email asking if Ill ship to Korea.

Latest posts