Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman Sterling WBC Patches now show as "shipped"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
He Yo! I didn't see this yet, but I just checked on Topps.com and mine say shipped. Hopefully by years end they arrive. Hope they are worth the wait!!! ;)

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
What a joke!

These cards are coming up to a year after Bowman Sterling came out and this is clearly the wrong reason to have redemptions.

I hope people are happy with them, but the guaranteed year wait redemptions (these patches along with SP Legendary Mystery Cuts and similar) are embarrassing.

chrome_ball

Aug 7, 2008
Michigan
200lbhockeyplayer said:
What a joke!

These cards are coming up to a year after Bowman Sterling came out and this is clearly the wrong reason to have redemptions.

I hope people are happy with them, but the guaranteed year wait redemptions (these patches along with SP Legendary Mystery Cuts and similar) are embarrassing.

I agree that the wait sucks. The quality of the "patches" will determine if they were worth the wait. If the game used pieces are small and/or 50% of the "patches" are single color then Topps will have a lot of upset people that paid good money for these redemptions.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
200lbhockeyplayer said:
What a joke!

kind of hard to give you something that didn't take place until March.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
jimmyjam1973 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
What a joke!

kind of hard to give you something that didn't take place until March.
My point is that it is stupid to put in redemptions for items that they do not even have anything for. No mock-ups, no checklist, just "potential" patch cards. It's no different than Upper Deck donkey "Mystery Cut" redemption...to Upper Deck, it was also a mystery as to who the cuts would be.

Why could Topps just not wait and release these in a 2009 product? No sense stretching the WBC this far.

What's next, a redemption patch card for the 2015 AL Rookie of the Year?

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I'm wondering if they stuck to flags, WBC logos, player numbers etc., or if they made cards with sponsorship patches as well. If I was waiting on these cards, I personally wouldn't want a sponsor logo patch card. I remember seeing huge BestBuy patches on some uniforms (Puerto Rico, I believe).

pudge1760

Aug 9, 2008
I am wondering just how many of these there really are. How many players? How many of each player?

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Mines shipped too. Lets see just how these look. I'll either be pissed off for not buying another redemption, or pissed off that topps sent us trash.

twcbjr

Aug 8, 2008
You gotta hate guaranteed diappointment!! I'm glad all of mine say shipped as I was worried that they wouldn't send them all at once. I had other bulk redemptions that were sent in relation to when they were redeemed, not when the card was available. Now I expect them to only take six more weeks or so to get here.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
pudge1760 said:
I am wondering just how many of these there really are. How many players? How many of each player?

I think the numbers are somewhat limited. Topps sent me a pack of sterling as a replacement for a WBC redemption I was suppose to get in the case. As they were out of the redemptions.

pudge1760

Aug 9, 2008
All In Cards said:
pudge1760 said:

I think the numbers are somewhat limited. Topps sent me a pack of sterling as a replacement for a WBC redemption I was suppose to get in the case. As they were out of the redemptions.

Think there is any chance these will be serial numbered???

Members online

Latest posts