Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Johan Franzen has torn ACL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
bad news for the Wings. It means Abdelkader gets called back up after being sent down so they could sign Brad May.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I am not surprised. We need some guys to step up. I will say if Bertuzzi is a waste how he was his first time in Detroit, then I will be more pissed that we did not keep Kopecky.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Brad said:
I am not surprised. We need some guys to step up. I will say if Bertuzzi is a waste how he was his first time in Detroit, then I will be more pissed that we did not keep Kopecky.

You can have Kopecky back. I didn't like that signing, considering all of the salary cap problems Chicago is going to have at the end of this season. 3 of our top players (Toews, Kane, and Keith) need to be re-signed at the end of the year, but there is no chance to keep all 3, and not even 2 might be possible.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I can see that. I wonder if signing Hossa will hurt more long-term too. I like Kopecky and it hurt us when his eye socket was broken during the playoffs last year. I am surprised he was offered that much though and really surprised Hudler got $5 mil from the KHL.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
I think the Hossa signing definitely is going to hurt long term...... I think you can somewhat compare the Blackhawks to the Oilers from the 80s, in a sense that they built that team around a lot of young talent, much like Chicago has done. However, the Hossa signing has possibly but an end to that because there is not enought money to go around, unless they can find a way to dump some of the salary they ridiculously threw around the last 2 off-seasons.

Members online

Latest posts