Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Name the most underrated player's in the NFL by position!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Hey guy's, respond with who you think is the most underrated player in the NFL at each position (you can respond with up to 3 player's per position & explain why you think they are underrated):

QB

RB

WR

TE

(& the top 5 underrated defensive player's in the NFL)

I thought this may turn into an interesting discussion topic & decided to post! BTW, I'll be posting my underrated NFL position player's once I give it some thought!
Take care all, Dave. :D

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I had originally written this because Ricky Williams continues to catch my eye with his solid play this season & last season! He is looking incredible (I honestly think he looks better than quite a few starting RB's around the league). :D

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
kentuckyderby said:
QB = Orton
RB = K Smith
WR = Welker

I definitely agree w/ Orton on QB. When he was with the Bears, everyone thought he was as washed up as Grossman was. He's proving otherwise.
Otherwise I personally feel that John Carlson is a wonderful 2nd year TE who flies under the radar because the Hawks are so dismal last year and this year. But his size, speed and strength will hopefully make him a lasting impact either with the Hawks or somewhere else. I keep saying he'll be the next Tony Gonzalez!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
QB - Kyle Orton. I called him having a great season before it began.

RB - Tashard Choice/Felix Jones. They're both great RBs, and it's a shame neither can be the #1 given the Cowboys stable.

WR - Sinorice Moss. Just because he's my main man.

TE - Bo "Scavies" Scaife. Why "Scavies"? Cause the guy is just sick.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I feel the once overrated Carson Palmer has really taken a back seat among the NFL elite and among collectors as well, the last few years now. I feel is underrated these days and his auto RCS where at all time lows this offseason. Im sure they will rise fast though if him and the Bengals keep winning. I also think Philip Rivers is a tad under rated as well.

RB- Ahmad Bradshaw. Guy is playing great this year as the 2nd back behind Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs has almost twice as many carries as Bradshaw (100 Vs 58), but Bradshaw still has more yards (375 vs 355) for 6th overall in the league. But he is first in per carry average. His 6.5 yards per carry is the best in the league against any back with at least 30 touches.

I also think Ricky Williams has played great since he returned from the CFL as well.

WR- Nate Burelson- The Calgarian is healthy again and he is back!! The only reason why i would ever watch a seahawks game is to watch this guy play. Hes the best Canadian in the NFL this year.

TE- I still think Dallas Clark is underrated!!! I think he is the best TE in the league now. Im sure many wouldn't agree with me though.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Chris Johnson - Underrated by none other than his own team the Titans. Why don't they get the ball in this guys hands more?

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Shiancoe has turned into a great TE. Pretty underrated considering that for the last few years I have wanted to kill him at times.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
WR ~ Pierre Garcon. Would start for any team in the league. Kind of gets lost in the all quality targets in the Colts.

He plays bigger than 6 feet and has speed to burn. At 210 he is hard to bring down. Has 11 catches with 6 of them going over 20+ and 2 over 40+.

QB ~ Orton. Enough said.
QB ~ Honorable mention : McNabb. Heart and soul of the team and highest rated QB....yes, really.

RB ~ Pierre Thomas. Is 4th in the league in TDs and the same number of TDs as Cedric Benson.....with 78 less carries.
Higher ypc average than Bradshaw and has only played 6 quarters this season. More yards than McGhee, DeAngelo William and Joseph Addai on half the carries.

RB ~ Honorable mention: Ronnie Brown. The way he takes over the game and leads the offense is something I have never seen before. Go wildcat.

TE ~ Brent Celek : WHO? He is only on pace for 1200 yards for the Eagles. Great hands, big target.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
deceptikon1978 said:
Chris Johnson - Underrated by none other than his own team the Titans. Why don't they get the ball in this guys hands more?

He is on pace for 1500 ~ how can he be underrated?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Hey guy's, respond with who you think is the most underrated player in the NFL at each position (you can respond with up to 3 player's per position & explain why you think they are underrated):

QB

RB

WR

TE

(& the top 5 underrated defensive player's in the NFL)

I thought this may turn into an interesting discussion topic & decided to post! BTW, I'll be posting my underrated NFL position player's once I give it some thought!
Take care all, Dave. :D

You should do the same thread but do it from an investment standpoint.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
EricInCT said:
deceptikon1978 said:

Did you read what I said?

I don't feel the Titans utilize this guys skills like they should. Simple as that. Lendale White had more carries than CJ against Indy.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
deceptikon1978 said:
EricInCT said:
deceptikon1978 said:

Did you read what I said?

I don't feel the Titans utilize this guys skills like they should. Simple as that. Lendale White had more carries than CJ against Indy.

Did you see the game? He was injured.
::facepalm::
Johnson has rough game Sunday: Titans RB Chris Johnson had nine carries for 34 yards and two catches for 9 yards Sunday against the Colts. Johnson left the game with an injured ankle but returned after getting it re-taped.
(Updated 10/12/2009).

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
EricInCT said:
Johnson has rough game Sunday: Titans RB Chris Johnson had nine carries for 34 yards and two catches for 9 yards Sunday against the Colts. Johnson left the game with an injured ankle but returned after getting it re-taped.
(Updated 10/12/2009).

I didn't see that he was injured but that still doesn't change the way I feel. All I am saying is Tennesse needs to get the ball in his hands more. He had more touches against the Texans than anybody and what did he do? 284 total yards and 3 touchdowns.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
deceptikon1978 said:
EricInCT said:
(Updated 10/12/2009).

I didn't see that he was injured but that still doesn't change the way I feel. All I am saying is Tennesse needs to get the ball in his hands more. He had more touches against the Texans than anybody and what did he do? 284 total yards and 3 touchdowns.

5 minutes into the second half on sunday they were down 28-9.....they seem to be down a lot.......that is why he isn't getting the carries....they can't hold a lead when they get one and have to pass to come back rather than run out the clock.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
EricInCT said:
WR ~ Pierre Garcon. Would start for any team in the league. Kind of gets lost in the all quality targets in the Colts.

He plays bigger than 6 feet and has speed to burn. At 210 he is hard to bring down. Has 11 catches with 6 of them going over 20+ and 2 over 40+.
You really think Garcon is a #1 guy, and not a product of having Peyton Manning throwing to him as well as Wayne and a solid receiving corp (and Clark) around him?

His performance Sunday night, snagging just 9 of the 309 passing yards and 0 of the 3 passing TDs Manning jacked up, kind of proves to me that he's not a #1 guy. He's a great WR to have in your mix, but not a starter.

Members online

Latest posts