Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

advice for feedback for 2 new sellers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
OK, as most know I HATE to leave negative feedback. WELL, I'm in a dilemma with 2 different newbies to the Ebag game....

1) he has 41 positive feedback and sends me a nice lot of 5 s/n Hasselbeck cards. BUT, the wreak of cig smoke and it didn't state in the auction they would (which personally bothers me, NO offense to the smokers out there) AND, he didn't pay for the postage so now I'm stuck with it (it's only $.44 but it's still the principle of the matter)

2) he has 15 feedback and sends me a G/U Hasselbeck /25 (THAT'S RIGHT TWENTY-FIVE!!) and it is in a bubble mailer and has a penny-sleeve, and THAT IS IT! NO hard protector anywhere. It would be an automatic negative had the card been demolished, BUT, luckily the card is still amazingly mint.

SO, do I still leave positive feedback w/ something in the comments, do I leave neutral feedback's like I'm leaning towards on both for silly mistakes or do I leave negative feedback's which I hate to do, especially to guys who are new and I would presume are new to cards.....OR am I just overreacting and whining like a silly little girl?

Would just like others opinions.
THANKS as always!
Eric

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
for the 1st one, I am the same way as you, although it has never happened to me, but I would absolutely hate receiving cards that reeked of smoke. Not only that, but you had to pay postage. I think a neutral is deserved on this one.

Now for the 2nd, I would say positive feedback with a comment mentioning the lack of toploader is probably the way to go, but only because the card was not damged.

Hope this helps.

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
gonzagacubs said:
for the 1st one, I am the same way as you, although it has never happened to me, but I would absolutely hate receiving cards that reeked of smoke. Not only that, but you had to pay postage. I think a neutral is deserved on this one.

Now for the 2nd, I would say positive feedback with a comment mentioning the lack of toploader is probably the way to go, but only because the card was not damged.

Hope this helps.

It does, thank you!

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
gonzagacubs said:

Hope this helps.

I went ahead and did just that, so I assume this can be deleted, thanks again for the advice! Now just need to scan my new pick-ups and share them!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Here's my couple of copper Lincolns...

1. Ask him if he could refund you .44 through PayPal. It could have been an honest mistake he won't mind correcting. I would base your feedback left off of how he reacts to your message. If he ignores it for a few days, or sends you something rude, then I would neg him. You pay for postage already when you buy an item, so there should be no excuse for it not being covered.

As far as the cards smelling, I know what you mean. I hate getting cards that smell like smoke when I buy them. I'm a smoker myself, but it still bothers me (I don't smoke in my house though, I go on my porch).

2. Since the card isn't damaged, I probably wouldn't leave a negative. If you paid for shipping (anything above $1.50), I'd definitely leave a neutral and a one or two star for his shipping. You paid for shipping that would protect the item, not so that he could pocket some money without ebay fees.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
I agree with the way you handled the 2nd seller. I had a similar situation happen with a new buyer for an auto'd RC. No toploader, but no apparent damage. I left good feedback and didn't mention the situation in the feedback. However, I did send a short, polite message to the seller saying that it was ok since the card wasn't damage, but there are a some people that would have been much more upset about this. I suggested that it would be very beneficial to use a toploader for future transactions and left it at that.

I'd hate to discourage someone from using ebay so early in their selling for something that didn't end up harming the transaction. I'm not one of those people that play the what if game when it comes to shipping.

Members online

Latest posts