Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A awesome unexpected find at the swap meet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jock176

Aug 27, 2008
OK here is the story.
Today I went to our local swap meet. Wifey wanted me and the kids out of the house for a few hours. It only takes about an hour an half to walk though but I'm pretty though looking at old binders and such. I came across a man who selling a bunch of such items. He had one particular album, the first sheet had an old envelope with a 1901 postmark and 1 cent stamp that sparked my interest. The rest of the book had old photos, post cards, and even an old printing plate for photos from the early 1900's.
He wanted ten dollars...sold. I took it home started to inspect it I find this old post card of the Hotel Benson in Portland Oregan. I put it aside and started researching the stamp on the first page envelop. I found it worth anywhere from 12-35 dollars depending on the cond.
I get back to the post card turn it over and I find this[ATTACH=full]199990[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]199991[/ATTACH]
This is a copy of his auto on the Bay...I did some research it appears he might have done a lot traveling up in the area. Im going to call the Hotel tomorrow and keep you all updated.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-RAZOR-HIST...2BUA%2BFICS%2BUFI%2BDDSIC&otn=20&po=LVI&ps=63

It really looks like him haven't decided what to do with it to busy showing all the neighbors. You never know what you are going to find. always keep looking. Scott

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
WOW! Very nice! I paid $100 to get a Herbert Hoover PSA cut auto in a slab for my Hoover collection!

I am officially envious of you now! :mrgreen:

Members online

Latest posts