Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Additional EEE Info -- On-Card Autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Additional 2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Baseball Information added...

* 18 of the top draft picks – including Dustin Ackley, Donavan Tate, Tony Sanchez, Jared Mitchell and Yankees’ first-rounder Slade Heathcott – will have on-card signatures for their base cards. (Their parallels will be stickers, but not their base RCs). The on-card autographs are a first for EEE.

* More than 40 first-round and first-round supplemental players have been signed to the program

* All 150 rookies/prospects will have autographs

* 2009 Elite Extra will also picture a handful of all-time greats as high schoolers or collegiate players including Pete Rose, George Brett, Nolan Ryan, Al Kaline, Mike Schmidt, Will Clark, Dwight Gooden, Don Mattingly, Reggie Jackson, Wade Boggs, Mark Fidrych, Barry Larkin, Jim Palmer, Fred Lynn, Robin Yount and others – and each will have autographs in the program.

* Collegiate Patches insert returns, with 50 different subjects signing

* Private Signings – a new insert featuring autographed sweet spot ball material from this year’s draft prospects (including Dustin Ackley and Donavan Tate) and some all-time greats, and #’d to 100 or less

* This is the most comprehensive draft/prospect set being produced this year

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Slade = good
Rose = good

on-card = well i'm just not sure.

If you check donruss/panini's facebook page you can see that several of their upcoming football releases have on-card autos. We all love on-card but it seems like the ink is bubbling on the foil board cards to me.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Its not worth it to get all the cards on card, just a few. I bet those player master sets will look nice
with one on card sig and the rest sticker.

a move in the right direction, I guess.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
masonphillip said:
Slade = good
Rose = good

If you check donruss/panini's facebook page you can see that several of their upcoming football releases have on-card autos. We all love on-card but it seems like the ink is bubbling on the foil board cards to me.

My primary concern as well, but nonetheless, I preordered a case.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
95vr4 said:
masonphillip said:
Slade = good
Rose = good

I want to a pre-order a case or cases but I also really want to see a checklist too.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
jbone17 said:
YES! Thank you Donruss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Actually now isn't it thank you Panini :p

I've seen a lot of criticism of them, but I have noticed more on-card auto's (in basketball and even with Donruss football) from them. I know they said they'd be listening to collector's - and I'm guessing one of the biggest things they heard when entering b-ball and taking over Donruss was "less stickers", so in this regard - seems they listened.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
masonphillip said:
95vr4 said:
masonphillip said:
Slade = good
Rose = good

I want to a pre-order a case or cases but I also really want to see a checklist too.

This looks good for me already for at least one case,

"* 18 of the top draft picks – including Dustin Ackley, Donavan Tate, Tony Sanchez, Jared Mitchell and Yankees’ first-rounder Slade Heathcott – will have on-card signatures for their base cards. (Their parallels will be stickers, but not their base RCs). The on-card autographs are a first for EEE."

Now the question is: to rip or hold? Will we see another 07 EEE?

miles.ngo

Aug 17, 2008
95vr4 said:
masonphillip said:
95vr4 said:
masonphillip said:
Slade = good
Rose = good

This looks good for me already for at least one case,

"* 18 of the top draft picks – including Dustin Ackley, Donavan Tate, Tony Sanchez, Jared Mitchell and Yankees’ first-rounder Slade Heathcott – will have on-card signatures for their base cards. (Their parallels will be stickers, but not their base RCs). The on-card autographs are a first for EEE."

Now the question is: to rip or hold? Will we see another 07 EEE?

All I see people is complain, complain and complain some more about the bubbling autographs on the on-card signatures. Can't we just take it as a stop in the right direction? Panini is giving us what we want in hard-signed cards. Yeah, this year's batch may be flawed, but what about the year after?

At the very least; they're listening to us. I'll be breaking some of this, I love the sound of it already.

Members online

Latest posts