Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What happened to Ben Grieve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Was reading an article about this "phenom" from 1997 and wondered what happened to this guy?

He was off the charts in the minors and then had 4 plus very good or better years and then poof, off the face of the earth.

Wasnt like he was a Kevin Maas or Shane Spencer, this guy was mega touted and a first rounder too.

Because how fast he fell off, makes you wonder if he was doing anything fishy.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
There are several players that are highly touted and some get the call to play at the Major league level and some never make it and retire as a minor league player..

From Wikipedia.org
Grieve is currently out of baseball and living in Dallas with his wife and children. He was briefly referenced in a March 2009 Sports Illustrated article titled "How (and Why) Athletes Go Broke

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I remember very vividly having Mr Grieve sign 18 cards one time during that 1996 season while letting Magglio Ordonez and Mike Cameron walked right by me. So I have 2 Cameron signed card and 1 Magglio while I have close to 40 Ben's. Oh the stories of minor league graphing.

Members online

Latest posts