Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Got my first 1/1 today (for you hof people)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I've never picked up 1/1s in the past because they all feel so artificial. I've always wondered what my first one would be and I knew eventually one would arrive at my home. Threw down a bid and won the following. Now if I can only figure out where the swatch comes from!

IMG_0338.jpg

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
That's a great-looking card and I almost decided to bid on it. That set used to be really popular, and I figured a 1/1 of a Yankee would go for more. Plus, my guess is that the number is part of a size on a laundry tag, which really makes it unique.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I collect 2 players from this set, and this just seems a little weird to me.

[ebay:2d0amdy2]310182999950[/ebay:2d0amdy2]

[ebay:2d0amdy2]260503728924[/ebay:2d0amdy2]

How could he make that much profit, that quick? And it sold for more than the "prime" version which you bought.

dinosaurusrex

Oct 27, 2009
moxacaine said:
Russ S. said:
moxacaine said:
dinosaurusrex said:
probably part of the jersey tag, maybe he wore a 44 or a 46?

Rizzuto wore #10.
Yeah, probably the size tag.
Great looking card.
Congrats on the pickup.

Worked all nigth and am about to get off. Im an idiot ::facepalm::

I reread it correctly this time. :lol:

haha not an idiot =]

but i did mean the SIZE =]

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I did think the swatch is from a tag though I've never seen one like it. The swatch does look like the size number was sliced in half.

A buddy of mine asked why I didn't pick up the regular 1/1 also. I just couldn't justify spending additional money on a similar card. Pretty quick flip for that seller.

Members online

Latest posts