Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

An Idea for RAZOR...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Just an Idea for RAZOR and next years product...

There are some really good artists and phtotgraphers here on these boards, so I was thinking if there could be a 'Fan of the Game' subset where it would feature sketch cards and photo's taken by board members. They can be inserted on a limited basis, say /100. And possibly /10 could be auto's on the back similar to an index card auto.

I think it would be cool to pull a insert of "Scuba shot" 1/10 auto.

Just a random idea to further your commitment to the collector.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
matfanofold said:

You can already pull Scuba Shots out of Razor, but I don't think anyone outside of this board really wants my auto... or many on this board for that matter :lol:

EDIT: I like the idea of my own subset! :D

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
ru4scuba said:
matfanofold said:

You can already pull Scuba Shots out of Razor, but I don't think anyone outside of this board really wants my auto... or many on this board for that matter :lol:

Not entirely what I meant, but perhaps a 10 card subset /100 to showcase your bests shots of tomorrows stars.

Also, I was refering to the sketch cards and the index'esque auto'd backs.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
narrow market sets never work

it would be like making a FCB labeled parallel. We debated doing that, but in the end we didn't want to put something in packs that the average collector opening them would have no clue about. It would make razor look rinky-dink, and thats the stigma they are trying to fight.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
cgilmo said:

it would be like making a FCB labeled parallel. We debated doing that, but in the end we didn't want to put something in packs that the average collector opening them would have no clue about. It would make razor look rinky-dink, and thats the stigma they are trying to fight.

Well, thats only if you look at it as the name 'scuba' being the draw instead of his world class photo's (which I think are a bit beyone 'narrow market'). I think having a subset doen by a fellow collector, weither it be a sketch card or Photo subset would be invigorating. And, lets face it, it's not as if RAZOR was not pushing to a narrow market as is..

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
matfanofold said:
cgilmo said:

Well, thats only if you look at it as the name 'scuba' being the draw instead of his world class photo's (which I think are a bit beyone 'narrow market'). I think having a subset doen by a fellow collector, weither it be a sketch card or Photo subset would be invigorating. And, lets face it, it's not as if RAZOR was not pushing to a narrow market as is..

They are pushing to the same market that bowman chrome draft, and EEE are.

G

Razor should have put dummies in their packs with our site name on them.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
matfanofold said:

I appreciate the compliment. I am fairly well represented within the Razor set with nine cards (5 base, 4 autos). Next year I'm hoping for a larger percentage as I will be focusing more time on shooting college ball. I wasn't sure how well it would pay off last season so I didn't spend too much time at the college level.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Has Razor chosen to focus exclusively on prospects, or are they planning on taking their shot at the market as a whole?

If it's the latter, there's no reason for them not to take the ideas that Topps and UD have butchered, and do them right (sketch cards that look good, cut sigs where the card is nicely designed to fit the cut, good looking inserts that aren't way overproduced etc.)

If it's the former, innovation seems less important, as people seem to really appreciate the fact that Chrome cards all have a similar look to them. I would love to see Stadium Club like photography on RC's.

Members online

Latest posts