Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who would you rather have on your team?

Who would you rather have on your team?

• Adrian Gonzalez

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Sounds like the Red Sox are going to make a hard push to land Adrian. The Sox really hurt their chances of making a championship last year when they lost out on Teixeira. I think it would really close the gap next season if they can get him, and trade Lowell. He would have 2006 Ortiz like numbers on the Red Sox. So, who would you want? I realize its hard to answer right now because we know what Tex can do in a good lineup, we dont know what Adrian would do.

They both won a Gold Glove at 1st this year. Teix is 29, Gonzalez is 27.

Both guys stats were pretty close this past season:
Gonzalez: .277 BA, 40 hr, 99 rbi, .407 OBP, .551 SLG
Teixeira: .292BA, 39 hr, 122 rbi, .383 OBP, .565 SLG

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Homer-ness aside. Gonzo by A LOT. He did all that with basically no protection all year AND in a ballpark that isn't too kind to lefty's. Add in the cheap contract and bam.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
MTBright said:
kendry Morales.

:)

Not trying to say they are the best 2, just wondering if people think Gonzalez would be enough compensation to the Red Sox for losing out on Teix. Seems like the majority like Teix so far.

dooly

Feb 9, 2009
Its a close one but I think with the strong showing by Gonzalez this year, I take him over Teix at this point. He has the better defense, slightly younger, and put up monster numbers in a pitchers park.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
gonzalez hands down...younger, cheaper and the numbers he has put up the last few years with no protection in a pitcher's park are too hard to ignore.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I've never been a huge fan of projecting numbers based on a change in ballpark (simply because they often do not materialize, and there are a million variables involved in any situation which can affect performance.) Because of this I'd still take Tex today (if I was looking for a player for the next 5 years) but I would not be at all surprised if Gonzalez winds up the better player.

For Boston, I think it would be great compensation. Even if he is not quite Tex, he'll be very, very close.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Look at how chic it is to say Gonzo at this moment.

I don't really have an opinion one way or another, but for the people stating that it's Gonzo by a lot or that it's Gonzo and it isn't close you're kidding yourselves.

I like Adrian better myself but it's VERY close. Check their numbers.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Just over a year ago, I asked this question. Now that hes officially on the Red Sox, let's see what the thoughts are now.

On November 23, 2009 the votes were
61 Total Votes:
Teixeira- 35 for 57%
Gonzalez- 26 for 43%
Same total beginning on December 5, 2010

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Seiya said:
Homer-ness aside. Gonzo by A LOT. He did all that with basically no protection all year AND in a ballpark that isn't too kind to lefty's. Add in the cheap contract and bam.

This. Gonzo by a week.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
I've never been a huge fan of projecting numbers based on a change in ballpark (simply because they often do not materialize, and there are a million variables involved in any situation which can affect performance.) Because of this I'd still take Tex today (if I was looking for a player for the next 5 years) but I would not be at all surprised if Gonzalez winds up the better player.

For Boston, I think it would be great compensation. Even if he is not quite Tex, he'll be very, very close.
Funny. I came to the thread not noticing what I had written a year ago and voted for Gonzalez now. Probably because Tex was a bit underwhelming this season.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
As long as Teixeira isn't hitting in the 0.100s in June...

Hopefully his hamstring injury will cause him to work harder in the offseason so we don't have to deal with the early season slumping. Whon knows, maybe Long will tweak his swing a little, it worked for Granderson and Swisher.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I would take Tex bc of his glove. He makes the whole infield better. Saves runs with his glove. Best first baseman in the game.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
elmalo said:
I would take Tex bc of his glove. He makes the whole infield better. Saves runs with his glove. Best first baseman in the game.

Adrian Gonzalez isn't a slouch in the field either. Unless you've watched 150 games the past 3 seasons of each player, it's too close to tell who is the better defender. They are both great.

With that said, I'd take Tex at this point. But it's extremely close and I'd be happy with either player at 1B on my team.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
sheetskout said:
For all of you who are saying Gonzo and it isn't close....your kidding yourselves.

It's VERY close. Check their stats.
Check the ballparks, Gonzo was putting up big numbers in the NL, while Teixeira was doing it in Texas' bandbox.

Members online

Latest posts