Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Case of 2008 Bowman Draft or Case of 2009 Bowman Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
2008 bowman draft regardless of cost for now.

2009 bowman draft will be $40-$45 a box in a couple months. Get a case down the road.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Long term, 2008 BDPP could be the best ever printed, and will hold its value.

Short term, 2009 BDPP will have a high resale.... then plummet.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
bradical said:

I am not disagreeing, but there have been other sets where we said the same thing about. Many people also thought that 2007 BCDP would always hold it's value due to an "extremely" strong base checklist. At least that is what was thought......

So a set with strong autos and a weak base checklist can find a way to plummet in value also, in my opinion at least. We shall see...

skrip

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
bradical said:

Completely disagree on the bolded above. It has a decent auto checklist but very very weak base checklist.

I would talke two cases of 07 Draft for the same prices an an 08. And i wouldnt touch 09 BDP.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
moxacaine said:
bradical said:

Completely disagree on the bolded above. It has a decent auto checklist but very very weak base checklist.

I would talke two cases of 07 Draft for the same prices an an 08. And i wouldnt touch 09 BDP.

I still think 07 could fall some more over the next 2-3 months. No one from the auto list has really exploded and most of the big base cards haven't lived up to expectations yet. Price had a rocky year, Laporta didn't blow away. Now at the price point the risk is much lower than 08 and certainly 09.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
mredsox89 said:
moxacaine said:
bradical said:

I still think 07 could fall some more over the next 2-3 months. No one from the auto list has really exploded and most of the big base cards haven't lived up to expectations yet. Price had a rocky year, Laporta didn't blow away. Now at the price point the risk is much lower than 08 and certainly 09.

EVEN IF Heyward explodes onto the scene, does anyone really think a base card can propel a product back into a pulse?

HOnestly, it really takes a very strong autograph card to maintain box prices. See 2002 bowman draft.

Oh, and I still think 2005 bowman draft will be the best ever.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
moxacaine said:
Completely disagree on the bolded above. It has a decent auto checklist but very very weak base checklist

While none of them are proven commodities in the MLB, there is some superstar potential.

Porcello
Montero
Zpruill
Weiland
Odorizzi
Danks

Plus, the Aflac Autos make the product that much nicer.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
brouthercard said:
mredsox89 said:
moxacaine said:
bradical said:

EVEN IF Heyward explodes onto the scene, does anyone really think a base card can propel a product back into a pulse?

HOnestly, it really takes a very strong autograph card to maintain box prices. See 2002 bowman draft.

Correct. Although i think if Heyward pulled a Pujols the product would jump right back up. I think one terrific base player could hold the case prices steady at 450-500 but you will need more than Heyward to turn 07 back into a 600+ per case product.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
mredsox89 said:
brouthercard said:
mredsox89 said:
moxacaine said:
bradical said:

Correct. Although i think if Heyward pulled a Pujols the product would jump right back up. I think one terrific base player could hold the case prices steady at 450-500 but you will need more than Heyward to turn 07 back into a 600+ per case product.

Heck, if Deolis Guerra pulled a pitching Pujols, the product would jump back up. Then again, a pitching Pujols would mean he would have to win the Cy Young award his rookie year and have six 20 win seasons after that..............

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
brouthercard said:
mredsox89 said:
brouthercard said:
mredsox89 said:
moxacaine said:
[quote="bradical":2jvd1lkg]Long term, 2008 BDPP could be the best ever printed, and will hold its value.

Heck, if Zeke Spruill pulled a pitching Pujols, the product would jump back up. Then again, a pitching Pujols would mean he would have to win the Cy Young award his rookie year and have six 20 win seasons after that..............[/quote:2jvd1lkg]

My point exactly. For 07 draft to return to its original price point one or two of the autos is going to have to make it big. And no one has really shown that ability yet

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
darocker80 said:
Montero, Posey, Stanton should all go up in spring training. So if you pull any color of them you're set

This issue with 08 is that its just about double the price of 07. I don't remember off the top of my head how many autos were in 08 but from two cases here are the big names i pulled.

Flores Base, xfr
Inoa Base, ref
Posey Blue ref
Montero base
Stanton Base

So 7 "big" names. But if you don't pull 3+ or a blue ref+, its going to be hard to profit right after breaking.

If you are going to rip, i would suggest 08, then finding a BGS deal (FCB or bulk) and get all the nice stuff graded and hope some of them gem.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
mredsox89 said:
darocker80 said:
Montero, Posey, Stanton should all go up in spring training. So if you pull any color of them you're set

This issue with 08 is that its just about double the price of 07. I don't remember off the top of my head how many autos were in 08 but from two cases here are the big names i pulled.

Flores Base, xfr
Inoa Base, ref
Posey Blue ref
Montero base
Stanton Base

So 7 "big" names. But if you don't pull 3+ or a blue ref+, its going to be hard to profit right after breaking.

If you are going to rip, i would suggest 08, then finding a BGS deal (FCB or bulk) and get all the nice stuff graded and hope some of them gem.
Beckham is another solid auto.

Derek holland is a solid player and mike montgomery jumped to the #1 spot for the royals.

Josh Reddick had a nice jump for a his short stint in the bigs and if they don't re-sign bay, and if he gets some serious playing time, he could be a solid investment as well.

Ike Davis broke out this year as well. And with a weak farm system and a dissapointing Mets team, playing in NY he may get a nice boost in value too.

Members online

Latest posts