Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I Think Topps Did A Great Job Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Just spotted this card on eBay. I hadn't looked who else is in the set, but, wow.

!Bg9O1dwBGk~$(KGrHqUOKisErzizjoH5BLHE)WNHjw~~_12.jpg
!Bg9O2OgBGk~$(KGrHqIOKjQEry)gYb6dBLHE)YiKng~~_12.jpg
!Bg9OzZ!B2k~$(KGrHqYOKk!Erzp,gyBkBLHE)PS0lg~~_12.jpg
!Bg9O0lwCGk~$(KGrHqIOKi4Er)63BvfpBLHE)T,peg~~_12.jpg

I guess you could complain that they used the spelling on the original card, which was an error, but hey.

Phish

May 19, 2009
Card does look beautiful. There's nothing better out there than vintage stuff.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Very nice job, but 1 in 40,000 packs! What a tease! This is the first I have seen period.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Where is the auction for this card? Couldn't find it in completed or running auctions?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
bodiaz said:
cammy collector said:
bodiaz said:
Where is the auction for this card? Couldn't find it in completed or running auctions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PADDY-LIVINGSTONE-0 ... 53de826b79

Thanks! I have been searching "T206" He may want to change his title.

You might want to change your search since there should be a - or a "space" between the T and 205. I learned this when I built the 2002 and 2003 Auto sets, I could not figure out why I was seeing so few cards, deleted the T and bam many more auctions.

Personally I search for T206 and 206 and there is a way to search for either one at the same time so you do not have to do double searches. However the seller would be best served to list it as T206 and T 206.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Sweet item. I haven't seen a checklist for these cards yet, assumed they were all big HOFers. But I like it. If there was a 90% Bing I'd be all over this one. $2K seems a bit steep.

Would it have killed him to figure out how to put the whole card in one scan, though?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
smapdi said:
Sweet item. I haven't seen a checklist for these cards yet, assumed they were all big HOFers. But I like it. If there was a 90% Bing I'd be all over this one. $2K seems a bit steep.

Would it have killed him to figure out how to put the whole card in one scan, though?

That's what I thought. When I was decided to post it, I just assumed there was a scan of the whole thing, but no, so I had to show all the little scans. Makes it so you can't appreciate how it actually looks as a full piece.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
That card looks great. How much could the Paddy Livingston cut have cost them? $20 at the most? They could have made a lot more of these and made them a one per case hit as opposed to 1 in 40,000 packs. You can get raw T206 commons for not much money, and I would think that autographs of a lot of the players can be had pretty easily as well. Honestly, had anyone (who isn't building the original T206 set) ever heard of Paddy Livingston before this thread? If this was a one per case insert, they could have upped the SRP by $5 a pack and not a single dealer in the country would have been able to keep this product in stock. Would you pay $10 a pack for that product? Most folks would, and it would be the product of the year.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I'm usually not a fan of them.....but that's probably the nicest fold-out I have seen to date. Awesome card that I would love to pull/own. I can't believe Topps got the cut to fit completely inside the cut-out window, and the bold sig looks fantastic.

How many players are in the set????

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
He's posted a full scan now, and it really is nice. I wasn't familiar with the estimable Mr. Livingston, and wow, his stats are really something. I know it was dead-ball era ball, and Connie Mack wasn't always picky about the quality of player he put on the field and everything, but man.

10 players in the set, IIRC. Ty Cobb is the one they use in the sell sheet. But I guess they made all tiers of players. Anyone have the checklist?

Latest posts