Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matsui and the Halos close to a 1 yr deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
reported to be 1 yr/6.5 million. a very low risk, high reward situation for the angels. as the everyday dh, matsui is capable of putting up .275 25 and 100. this off season has been tough for angels fans but i don't mind taking a step back and not mortgaging our future for 1 year of halladay. it's going to be a tough 2010 for the halos but it's not like we are going to turn into the pirates overnight. :lol:

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
Great deal for them. I'll guarentee you they will love him so much he'll be with them again in 2011. Abreu and Matsui get along great

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Halonut said:
reported to be 1 yr/6.5 million. a very low risk, high reward situation for the angels. as the everyday dh, matsui is capable of putting up .275 25 and 100. this off season has been tough for angels fans but i don't mind taking a step back and not mortgaging our future for 1 year of halladay. it's going to be a tough 2010 for the halos but it's not like we are going to turn into the pirates overnight. :lol:

And the Sox thought they were getting Teixeira last year just before they announced it was the Yankees. ;)

Honestly, if Matsui signs with the Angels I'll lose a lot of respect towards him.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
if no other moves are made, here is how the angels should line up next year...

1. aybar ss
2. abreu rf
3. torii cf
4. matsui dh
5. kendry 1b
6. rivera lf
7. kendrick 2b
8. mathis/napoli c
9. wood/izturis 3b

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Halonut said:
if no other moves are made, here is how the angels should line up next year...

1. aybar ss
2. abreu rf
3. torii cf
4. matsui dh
5. kendry 1b
6. rivera lf
7. kendrick 2b
8. mathis/napoli c
9. wood/izturis 3b

They haven't even signed him yet so :?:

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
nyyankeesfan.13722 said:
I really don't understand why the yankees are so hesitant to re-sign him.

Me either. He's got to be worth more than 6.5 million in the revenues he creates from Japanese fans alone.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Jastermereel said:
nyyankeesfan.13722 said:
I really don't understand why the yankees are so hesitant to re-sign him.

Me either. He's got to be worth more than 6.5 million in the revenues he creates from Japanese fans alone.

i think they want to free up the dh spot. gives them more flexibilty.
posada can dh, arod and jeter can use a break once in a while.
although matsui is one of my favorite players i hope they keep him.

righteousmike

Aug 24, 2008
Arlen, TX
Being a Yankee fan I personally love Matsui, although if he signs with the Angels I can see his certified RC autograph prices drop, then I can get him for my set :D

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Reds in 2009 said:
vwnut13 said:
Honestly, if Matsui signs with the Angels I'll lose a lot of respect towards him.

Why?

As others have said, if he wants to go to LA so he can play ten games in the outfield thats pretty dumb. He wants to play in the outfield, and if he does, his knees will explode. He can barely run the bases let alone play the field

Latest posts