Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Autograph Preservation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I have a cut autograph (blue ink on index card) that I want to display, but I do not want it to fade either. Would those One Touches that have UV protection be a good thing to display it in so that I do not risk the quality of the signature?

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
The UV one-touch would help, but first and foremost, keep it out of direct light.

Direct light in general or direct sun light? I want to display it, but not at the risk of the autograph fading.

A_Pharis

A UV case helps, but prolonged exposure will ALWAYS fade an auto unless you get really really high quality anti-UV. I believe when most people say "direct light", though, they mean sunlight and fluorescent light. Soft light or low wattage light bulbs should be fine. I've had my baseballs displayed in my room for a few years with no sign of any fading. (I use the low wattage soft light that has a little bit of a dim yellow light instead of stark white).

Members online

Latest posts