Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Let's see your favorite pickups of 2009.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
With the year winding down, let's see some of your favorite PC pickups for 2009.

Here are my top 5 in no particular order:

2004 Yankee Clippings O'Neill Auto #ed/26. A BIN steal for $18 dollars! (Another one sold for over $120 later in the year!)
pon200403a.jpg

I've wanted a Tino for the longest time. This one is /25 and on-card.
TinoMartinez.jpg

Patrick Ewing auto. He has very few certified autos and no longer signs. This is his first ever and only auto from his playing days.
ewing.jpg

96 Leaf Sig Series Platinum Proof /150 (A tough find and a huge steal for $1.00 + $1.25 S/H)
96plat.jpg

00 Topps MVP Promotion. I was outbid for one on eBay for $20-25 thinking I would never see one again. Well, a few days later an email shows up in my inbox from Magicpapa with a link to an outside site with the same card listed for less than $10!
2000mvp.jpg

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Is that Ewing auto worth anything? I received one as part of a lot I bought, but the auto is literally faded off the card. I figured nobody would want it, but who knows? It does have the embossed stamp though.

1992-93hoopsewing.jpg

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Nice stuff Ravi, that Fleer /26 is an insane steal for $18. I think I paid $100 something for mine and thought that was a deal considering others had gone for $200+

Here are some of mine:

2004 Recollection #1/15

tn-1.jpg

SP Authentic Buyback #12/23

tn-2.jpg

SP Signature Gold #18/50

tn.jpg

2003 Topps Retired Refractor /25

0joneilzaref.jpg

2004 Topps Retired Refractor /25

Bdz3gwCGkKGrHqMH-DkEre7Jqq1qBK6gCP0.jpg

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
My top 3, from each of my 3 PC's:

Hunter Pence
penceang.jpg

A&G Auto
pencebluerefractorauto.jpg

Blue Refractor Auto
oneofone.jpg

M&M Red 1/1

Javier Vazquez
atom.jpg
Atomic Refractor
vazsilk.jpg
A&G Silk
vazquezcrackerjack.jpg
Cracker Jack Auto

Richard Hidalgo
hidalgopurple.jpg
Purple Crusade
crusade.jpg
Green Crusade
hid1o1f.jpg
Suede 1/1

SBQb.jpg

012.jpg

AIR.jpg

bat.jpg

jeter.jpg

and some McGwire's...

macbuyback-1.jpg

MOG.jpg

1111.jpg

pics-2.jpg

91am-1.jpg

here are prolly my 3 favorite additions to my PC this year.

Ray Lewis SB Ticket. Purchased unsigned then sent it in to private signing
Picture003.jpg

Evan Longoria. Purchased unsigned then had it signed IP in tampa in August
group1-1.jpg

and my favorite.....

I was given the card unsigned as a gift. Then had it signed IP in Asbury by favorite Rock Hero of all time.

By far my favorite aquisition

boss-1.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
mudflap02 said:
Is that Ewing auto worth anything? I received one as part of a lot I bought, but the auto is literally faded off the card. I figured nobody would want it, but who knows? It does have the embossed stamp though.

mudflap02 - Well, I'm not sure how that particular one will sell since it is faded. But these cards generally sell very well, the last couple clearly showing the embossed stamp got over $175. I took a chance on a poorly listed copy and it turned out to be authentic so I ended up paying just $58 for mine. I bet if you get it slabbed as a BGS authentic, it may sell for a decent amount.

Labratt21 said:
Nice stuff Ravi, that Fleer /26 is an insane steal for $18. I think I paid $100 something for mine and thought that was a deal considering others had gone for $200+

labratt21 - Thanks, it was one of those finds that you dream about! BTW that is a jaw dropping array of O'Neills! I think I am missing all but one. I don't think I've seen that SP Buyback before, is that a recent pickup? Anyway, my latest O'Neill auto should be coming in any day from a trade. I'll post it up when I get it. I bet you'll like it. :D

Jastermereel - I wonder what it is! :mrgreen:

djrulz - Nice stuff! Is that Nick Johnson PC or for flipping now that he is back in pinstripes?

Codasco7 - That Studio AP is gorgeous! I have never seen a Pujols auto from that set.

Great stuff guys! Keep it coming, I can't keep up with all your posts!

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Great Thread

My favourite PC pick up this year was without a doubt this card:
P1110493.jpg

My other favourites are:
P1010462.jpg

P1010628.jpg

P1010663.jpg

sleavepatch.jpg
1990Blue/White Test