Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unique Christmas Gift - Lincecum Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
A friend of mine works for the Giants. Inside this years Christmas card he received from the SFG was a Tim Lincecum baseball card. He re-gifted it to me since he knows I collect cards. I'm guessing it probably won't be found listed in any beckett checklist.

LincecumCYA2008.jpg
LincecumCYA2009.jpg

Card reads: "Lincecum becomes first pitcher to win consecutive Cy Young awards in his first two season in the Major Leagues."

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
johnny rook said:
Card reads: "Lincecum becomes first pitcher to win consecutive Cy Young awards in his first two season in the Major Leagues."
Shouldn't it say, "second and third seasons"?
He started 24 games and went 7-5 in 2007.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Austin said:
johnny rook said:
it should say FIRST TWO FULL SEASONS

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
darocker80 said:
Austin said:
johnny rook said:
it should say FIRST TWO FULL SEASONS
Maybe, but Lincecum's first game in 2007 was on May 6, meaning he only missed the first month, meaning he played 5/6ths of the season and started 24 games.
But I guess technically, it wasn't a full season, even though it was close enough, and with run support he could have conceivably won 14 games that year. :ugeek:
Maybe it's a rare error card that was corrected!

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
I was at that game against Philly when Lincecum made his debut. Had awesome seats too. 7 rows from the field right behind the Giants on deck circle.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
Not going on ebay. I did do a search there though to see if any had been listed or sold recently and couldn't find one. Although it's not the easiest card to search for since there's no manufacturer. The card doesn't even have any copyrights or trademarks.

Latest posts