Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sickels Blue Jays Top 20 Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
It's brutal that 4 of the top 5 players have come in via trades. Sickles grades tough, I figured Wallace and Drabek were at least an A.

No mention of Moises Sierra. Henderson Alvarez is one to watch.

GTJ558

Jan 26, 2009
rough on arencibia....hopefully he can get the handle on hitting as it's not just swing hard and see if you hit it.....mickey mantle hit .298 for his career and people thought that of him also...comparing mantle and arencibia....no not really, far too risky....sorry i wrote that but consider it anyway.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
GTJ558 said:
rough on arencibia....hopefully he can get the handle on hitting as it's not just swing hard and see if you hit it.....mickey mantle hit .298 for his career and people thought that of him also...comparing mantle and arencibia....no not really, far too risky....sorry i wrote that but consider it anyway.
Having seen Arencibia this year here in Vegas I think they were right in their assessment of him. And I also agree that D'Arnaud shouldn't be at the #4 spot.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
jbone17 said:
No way on D'Arnaud at 4th. The kid was a very lazy ball player this year. I hope he can snap out of it.

It's interesting to actually see his cards rising since the trade. Pretty crazy.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Russ S. said:
jbone17 said:
No way on D'Arnaud at 4th. The kid was a very lazy ball player this year. I hope he can snap out of it.

It's interesting to actually see his cards rising since the trade. Pretty crazy.

Yeah me too. He has the potential to be good, but after seeing him in 20 or so games behind the plate, he olays at the ball more than any catcher I have ever watched. I also do not know how he was a Sally League All-Star as well....He only hit .215 for a while last year and he should a little improvement towards the end of the season.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
GTJ558 said:
I like it :lol:

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I have to agree with his view on Arencibia. This guy seems similar to our Jon Lucroy. Slim chance to be a star, or even an all-star, but should play at the Major League level. Maybe not as full-time regulars though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts