Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

need some prospectors help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
I busted a box of draft today and pulled a few nice cards. I got a Brad Boxberger auto, Robert Stock Aflac auto a James Jones blue ref a phillippe aumont Xfractor and a Christopher Lovett gold ref. MY question to you is do I hold them or sell. The Stock aflac doesnt sell for what i thought an aflac would boxberger can be had for under 5.00 and the refractors dont sell for much.

In a few months do you see these cards dropping or going up

Thanks for any input

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I don't see a whole lot of activity over the next few months. If you plan on selling them short term, sell them NOW.

In terms of future potential, Stock would be the only one I hold onto, but you may need to sit on it for at least a couple of YEARS.

marterburn

brouthercard said:
I don't see a whole lot of activity over the next few months. If you plan on selling them short term, sell them NOW.

In terms of future potential, Stock would be the only one I hold onto, but you may need to sit on it for at least a couple of YEARS.

agreed. no one in this set is going to have an unexpected spike in the offseason except maybe Chapman when he signs. prices will only drop when the post-release hype cools.

The base set doesn't have anyone who is going to make an immediate impact even this year (a la porcello).

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
brouthercard said:

Also agreed. Sell them. Nothing there is going to get you any large gains. Better to have the cash back in hand to do something else with whether it's buy again, save and earn interest, etc.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
thanks guys I listed the few hits and am, going to hold onto the autos as others sucggest. Boxberger actuallly seems liek he can have a solid career in a few years I think he can be a solid 3-4 guy for someone

Members online

Latest posts